Which Olivas

jamz

Elitist a-hole
Looking to buy a selection of Olivas at the local (and a couple nonlocal) B&Ms. I've never had them and they seem very popular here. Oliva gurus, what would you suggest to buy as a good representative sampler of them? Obviously I'm going to get something in Series O, V and G.... but which ones do you guys like? Guide my wallet, brothers, with my thanks! :ss

Last edited:
I like the Serie V & O. If you get a chance, try a Padilla Habano. It is manufactured for Padilla by Oliva & is my favorite Oliva.

One of the online retailers had the Oliva SAMPLER included with a box purchase, CI or maybe JR's. THAT would be a nice way to go. I smoke quite a few of the Serie G, Special G's. A little perfecto with a cammie wrapper.

The G's are fairly mild the few V's I've had are a step UP in strength. Only had a few of the O's and they were IMHO a medium as well.

What other smokes do You like?? That could guide us to some suggestions.

FN in MT:cb

One of the online retailers had the Oliva SAMPLER included with a box purchase, CI or maybe JR's. THAT would be a nice way to go. I smoke quite a few of the Serie G, Special G's. A little perfecto with a cammie wrapper.

The G's are fairly mild the few V's I've had are a step UP in strength. Only had a few of the O's and they were IMHO a medium as well.

What other smokes do You like?? That could guide us to some suggestions.

FN in MT:cb

:tpd: The sampler is awesome!

The O Bold is a good one and the MB's are great too. Special R Tubo. I can keep going here. O Maduro, V Double Robusto or Figurado, Special G's.

Start with the O's, nat and mad of any size and get a couple MB's if you can, that will give you a good start.:tu

personally... I find the series v to be a very good smoke... nice and smooth.... good flavor

:tpd: The sampler is awesome!

The O Bold is a good one and the MB's are great too. Special R Tubo. I can keep going here. O Maduro, V Double Robusto or Figurado, Special G's.

Start with the O's, nat and mad of any size and get a couple MB's if you can, that will give you a good start.:tu

The O "Bold" is history....I like the Serie S',MB's & V's in that order.

Thanks all!

makin' a list, checkin' it twice

V lancero
master blends
padilla habano
serie g special g
serie O maduro double robusto
v torpedo
serie G

I looked around CI and JR for a sampler and didn't see one. I'd trust CS members more than a marketing gy anyway to pick a nice selection though. :)

As far as other smokes, I'm not really experienced enough to say... LGC used to be my favorite back in the day, really enjoyed RP '92 seconds and sancho panza double maduros. Best cigar I've ever had in my life was a CC montecrsto #2 I think.

Back