which should i smoke first

Nutiket_32

Tiochfaidh ar Lá
today i picked up a cao italia and alec bradley maxx for this weekend. both will be smoked at a picnic/bbq/cookout thing satuday evening/ night. is there any order i should smoke these in? ive never had either and don't know if one might overpower the other if i smoke it first.

thoughts?

I would go for the AB Maxx first. I had an Italia last night and it was decent. For me it was pretty straight forward.

Only familiar with the CAO Italia as I smoked the Ciao earlier this week.

It is a fairly spicy smoke with lots of pepper hints with a little leather flavor after the pepper. I loved the flavor, but mine had an awful burn, one half would just not burn. I'm going to give them another try as the flavor was wonderful.

You going to smoke 'em back to back? My two-cigar excursions usually have a break... and if that's the case, it probably won't make much difference.

IF IT WERE ME...

I'd smoke one pre-bbq feeding... perhaps if you're standing around, drinking a beer, playing JARTS (anyone?), then I'd have the burgers, brats, or what-have-you, and I'd hit the second cigar afterwards.

For me, spacing 'em out a bit with something in between is my preference.

One other thing to think about: Are you going to be drinking? If so... might want to smoke the one you're more excited about first. (The more expensive one, or the one you think might be the higher-end of the two.) After a few beers, I seem to like anything that you can set on fire and puff on... so if you're at all like me, you'll probably be in a better shape to really taste and concentrate on the first one.

Either way... I'm now of the opinion that I need to go to a BBQ and smoke several cigars this weekend! Thanks for the idea!

today i picked up a cao italia and alec bradley maxx for this weekend. both will be smoked at a picnic/bbq/cookout thing satuday evening/ night. is there any order i should smoke these in? ive never had either and don't know if one might overpower the other if i smoke it first.

thoughts?

A fellow Mountaineer???

A fellow Mountaineer???

yep. heading to morgantown come next fall for four years i wont remember, flaming couches, and one hell of a football team.

as to what ill smoke, the cao is a good deal shorter than the ab, so i might smoke it when i get there and while we are cooking, then save the other one for later. they wont be back to back at least.

more opinions welcome

It depends if there are other cigar smokers there, you may need to pick up more, trade or gift/gifted. I usually start off with the milder and end with a grand finale, and as mentioned above Yea you could be overwhelmed by a few beers, but heck who cares as long as you enjoy it. Get some more and try'em again later. You must have some self control, reason being my bbq's start around noon and end around 11 at night. And before the start I have smoked a couple and then its on as a couple buddies of mine smoke cigars and the cigars are smoked continuously, But what really matters is it brings us closer as friends, we are smoking and having a good cigar (maybe) no one is stingy or trying to be a connoisseur! If I want to judge a cigar I will devote some alone time with it! :ss

It depends if there are other cigar smokers there, you may need to pick up more, trade or gift/gifted. I usually start off with the milder and end with a grand finale, and as mentioned above Yea you could be overwhelmed by a few beers, but heck who cares as long as you enjoy it. Get some more and try'em again later. You must have some self control, reason being my bbq's start around noon and end around 11 at night. And before the start I have smoked a couple and then its on as a couple buddies of mine smoke cigars and the cigars are smoked continuously, But what really matters is it brings us closer as friends, we are smoking and having a good cigar (maybe) no one is stingy or trying to be a connoisseur! If I want to judge a cigar I will devote some alone time with it! :ss

there might be a couple other people smoking there, but i doubt anybody will have enough to trade/give out, we pretty much just compare what we get but all of us just buy singles. two should be enough since we arent starting till about 5 in the evening (but going as long as we can stay awake)

Back