Which to buy? Partagas Black or Cuban Cnft Pre-embargo

mjr955201

Maturing Primate
I've been torn between buying a box of Partagas Black's (20), or a box of 50 Counterfeit Pre-embargo Cubans. Partagas costs $60, the pre-embargo costs $90. So the Partagas' are a buck more per stick.

I smoke the black last year and enjoyed it, very strong. But I had a few pre-embargo's a few years ago and I remember loving them. My budget is tight these days, so what would you guys recommend? thanks.

58EP.jpg

PABB.jpg

not sure have it had either or.. so counterfeit, is it just the name or are they really counterfeit.. the name along turns me away :tu

not sure have it had either or.. so counterfeit, is it just the name or are they really counterfeit.. the name along turns me away :tu

Yeah, I noticed that too. Seems a bit off-putting. I'd go for the Partagas black, always a good choice, and they don't have "counterfeit" in the name.

It is my understanding that these are produced by Perdomo. The guy that Perdom makes these for claims that too many people are paying too much money for counterfeit cuban cigars. So, he thought that he would produce a good cigar at a lower price than what people are paying for crappy, fake cubans. I have a box and for the price, they are not too bad.

The PB's are a great smoke, with an awesome wrapper. I have not had the other ones, but sometimes less is more, not always, but I tend to find it true with cigars.

I have smoked both. The pre-embargos are decent smokes but I wouldn't buy more. The Blacks are worth the extra change and age beautifully.

Try them both. I've had the Partagas and they are a decent smoke in my opinion, have not tried the Cuban cnft.

I've smoked both. IMO, Partagas Blacks are light years better than the pre-embargo CC.

WyoBob

:tpd: seriously i have to agree 1000% on this one you cant go wrong with the blacks I went through a box in lightning speed.

I have never tried either, but it sounds like you like both of them. If that's the case, I say get the Pre-embargo's because you get more for your money.

I recently picked up the same box of Partagas Black, for a great price. I love the smoke, but let me tell you, this batch needs at least 3 months more time. They pull tough when fresh, IMHO.

Back