White Covering on Cigars

elderboy02

SilverBack
What is the purpose of the white covering on cigars? Most cigars I own came in cellophane, but some came in the white tissue paper like material.

white tissue paper manufacturers. It gets pretty slow when its not christmas and gift wrapping season.:ss

D

Camouflage!! Throw it in the wifes purse, and she has to carry it around, just make sure its not that time of the month. :pu

part of the tissue is that it helps to block the light that discolors the wrapper leaf. if you go to the b&m and find a box near a window or up high by the light the cigars underneath will be slightly darker. or if you open up a new box and compare to one that's been sitting for a while you'll notice the color difference. i'm not sure why it's not used more often.:2

part of the tissue is that it helps to block the light that discolors the wrapper leaf. if you go to the b&m and find a box near a window or up high by the light the cigars underneath will be slightly darker. or if you open up a new box and compare to one that's been sitting for a while you'll notice the color difference. i'm not sure why it's not used more often.:2

Thanks for that post. Great to get a good understanding of what it does!

Back