white spots in ash

germantown rob

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Yesterday I smoked a stick that had white bumps in the ash maybe a 1/64th of an inch. They continued through the whole smoke. I belive I've seen this before and asked a couple of people if they have seen this before and the answer was yes. The question is what creates this? I did a search on ash put came up empty handed. I have been reading about tabacco beatles and started to worry if this was caused by eggs. I thought I'd get some opinions from those with more experience and years on me.

paranoid

I believe what you are looking at is the small pockets of oil on the wrapper. If you ever look at a cigar, sometimes you'll see small bumps on the wrapper, depending on the cigar. these are small pockets of oil from when the leaf was grown, it gives it a "toothy" texture. It doesn't hurt your cigar at all, in fact it makes the cigar a little more flavorful.

Grinch OUT!!!

LiteHedded said:
poker gave me a rascc that had that happen (an awesome rascc)
said it was plume that had burned

what a relief and thanks....searched plume and went back and looked at my box and they have the little sparkles on them..I can't wait to smoke another

dagrinch said:
I believe what you are looking at is the small pockets of oil on the wrapper. If you ever look at a cigar, sometimes you'll see small bumps on the wrapper, depending on the cigar. these are small pockets of oil from when the leaf was grown, it gives it a "toothy" texture. It doesn't hurt your cigar at all, in fact it makes the cigar a little more flavorful.

Grinch OUT!!!

I belive dagrinch has got it right.

i actually think the white spots in the ash are from where rob dipped his cigars in liquid acid! tomorrow he will post that little flying dragons are eating away at his arm while he smokes!

I heard it was tooth that does this as what Dagrinch was talking about. you should be able to see them on the surface. I have had a cigar that had plume on it but did not do this. I have also had cigars that had no tooth yet did it as well??? So I did not contribute much did I. Unless tooth can be on the inside as well. Hmmm I ponder.

T

justinphilly said:
i actually think the white spots in the ash are from where rob dipped his cigars in liquid acid! tomorrow he will post that little flying dragons are eating away at his arm while he smokes!
the acid is wearing off now justin :r

Back