Who has the best B&M guy

smokinpoke

Pro Donkey
I Go in to purchase a couple of sticks (yeah right like I ever leave with just a couple of sticks). I pick up a couple of RP Sungrowns $8.50. I had these once before and liked them so I thought since I am OG Patalian I would try them once again.

As I was exiting the humidor I notice two lonely AVO Maduro's sitting all alone in the box. $9.50 each. Then I look at my depleted bank roll. Man Christmas can really suck you dry.

The B&M guy says "Are those the last two"

"Yep" I reply

"I'll take care of you go ahead and get 'em."

Now I was expecting a little discount maybe a couple of $$ but I left the store for $24. That's a heck of a discount.

This B&M is notorious for the hook up once you become a regular.

Well check this out.

My b&m guy lets me get 4 anejos when other people only get 2. Of course they are about $3 over MSRP like most of his other stuff.

Thats as close to a hook up as I've ever come. Nice guy though. I don't expect the freebie, would be nice though.

Congrats on you all having the "hook up".

Been hooked up with price a bit here and there.

But more importantly to me is being hooked up with stock, as my B&M does and does well when I need it.

mine jokes around with me and stuff. Yesterday he was even joking with my gf about "man how could you like this guy? Do you ever shop for anything besides cigars?" and it was a good time.

He hasn't ever hooked me up but he let's me know right away when there's something special in the "secret" back room humidor.

I do get free water pillows now and then though. I'll be needing them for upcoming bombs :)

I shop exclusively at my local B&M. As a matter of fact I may be heading over there in a little while for our Wednesday night herfs. I get good prices, a locker in the humidor, and an occasional bottle of wine or other goodie from the back.

I have a B&M lady and she hooked it up today for the first time. i bought my dad a xikar cutter and she gave me 20% off on it! :ss

I wish I could find a good B&M, strangely enough the place around here with the best cigars is basically a convince store but with a great selection. Same crappy service though...

I Go in to purchase a couple of sticks (yeah right like I ever leave with just a couple of sticks). I pick up a couple of RP Sungrowns $8.50. I had these once before and liked them so I thought since I am OG Patalian I would try them once again.

As I was exiting the humidor I notice two lonely AVO Maduro's sitting all alone in the box. $9.50 each. Then I look at my depleted bank roll. Man Christmas can really suck you dry.

"Yep" I reply

Now I was expecting a little discount maybe a couple of $$ but I left the store for $24. That's a heck of a discount.

And what did you get for me????? :mad:

i go to a lot of different B&M's. they all carry different stock. MJM is one i frquent for pepin and tatuaje products along with some padrons every now and then. i get emails frequently whenever something new comes in that he knows i've asked about. he even calls his rep to find out info for me. he's handed me more than a few lancero's and a padillia last week when i was there as my "christmas present". not to mention getting me the padron 80th for 210$ out the door and 10% off any purchases when he already has better prices than most. i bought a box of angeles from him last week for 108$ before discount. not too bad at all if you ask me but he doens't carry any of the rare fuente line so i have to go elsewhere for that.

Now I'm jealous. All I have close to my house in the ways of a b&m is a T-box. Over there if your not one of the owners buddies then your just a customer. But I have been going over there for the past two years so I'm not really a customer or a buddy, I'm something in between. Every now and then he'll hook me up with something new or he'll throw in an additional discount on top of the military discount I already get. All in all he's not bad to deal with. Maybe just maybe I should give him an "offering" first? Any ideas?

"Yep" I reply

ZT's, I presume?

Back in NY I had a couple good B&Ms that would hook me up by never giving me a limit or letting me know before hand that something rare was coming into the shop. I became pretty friendly with the owner of Tainos in Manhattan and he used to always hook me up with free smokes, but I would make sure I brought him lunch when I could. He was the only one who ever gave me anything free and I made sure I made up for it.
Since being in NC I have not been in too many B&Ms too frequently but did meet a guy over at a Tinder Box. Always friendly and helpful when I do go in to do some shopping. Even let me buy some 55s from their secret stash this past weekend which was an added bonus. They were tucked away out of sight. Never looking for handouts, just treat me right and don't be an ass hat is all I'm looking for, treat me like I'm a POS and I am outta there.

The store I frequent just got some Opus tins in stock. So I bought one yesterday with a box of Anejos, plus he threw in a RP Decade sampler for no charge. Today I stop in and he said, "I charged you too much for the tin". I said dont sweat it, you gave me the RPs. He would not have it, and gave me a couple of Ashton VSGs.

The store I frequent just got some Opus tins in stock. So I bought one yesterday with a box of Anejos, plus he threw in a RP Decade sampler for no charge. Today I stop in and he said, "I charged you too much for the tin". I said dont sweat it, you gave me the RPs. He would not have it, and gave me a couple of Ashton VSGs.

good to see ya post here. i stopped by there last night and they had some 50's and a few of the tins but wanted 60 for the tins. i politely told him no thanks. msrp is in the lower 40's for the tins. anyways, welcome to the club josh!

Back