Who makes a good dependable lighter ?

BigDawgFan

Up Next-Ugly Orange Team
When I started smoking earlier this year my wife went out and bought me a calibri lighter. I smoke maybe twice a week, sometimes three. After about six months the piece of crap $45.00 lighter has gone tits up. Anyone know of anything better and cheaper? I used to smoke cigarettes and used a Zippo and I know these have a lifetime warranty. Any cigar lighters like that?

yup I got 5 of them.I have them stashed everywhere. not one problem with any of them, wish I new about them before i got my crappy colibri

Blazer PB-207, Zippo Z-plus Insert, and Ronsons are all good choices.

Xikar lighters have a lifetime warranty as do Solo lighters.
The warranty on Solo lighters even includes 50% of MSRP if it is lost or stolen.
:tu :tu

Go to Walmart or Walgreens and pick up a Ronson JetLite.

About $3, and it always works.

IAgree.gif

Mine only gives me issues when I don't fully drain the tank before refilling and it's using Ronson brand fuel too. Nice and affordable.

When I started smoking earlier this year my wife went out and bought me a calibri lighter. I smoke maybe twice a week, sometimes three. After about six months the piece of crap $45.00 lighter has gone tits up. Anyone know of anything better and cheaper? I used to smoke cigarettes and used a Zippo and I know these have a lifetime warranty. Any cigar lighters like that?[/quote

BigDawg,

Before you throw that calibri lighter away 1st try these things:

1) Depress all the air out ( these means you might have to depress where you re:fill it up at to let OUT ALL the air) 2) Refill with "good" fuel. Like 3x refined type. 3) Clean off the burners with something small like a toothpick or something. The fuel can clog the jets. Try these things.

Presbo:ss

A tip on emptying a lighter - after you think it is empty, shake the lighter vigorously. You will probably get some more butane out afterwards. Repeat 4-5 times.

. . . I used to smoke cigarettes and used a Zippo . . .

Well you can still use that if you want to. Get a can or two of the new Low Odor cleaner burning fluid by Zippo. I'm a fan of Zippo's myself and use the new fuel. I think it works great myself. It's in a red and black can.

Ron

Harbor Frieght Micro Touch $10! It's not pocket sized, but for home/table use, can't be beat. Adjustable flame size and fuel mixture! Ugly as sin, but you'll never lose it (which I'm prone to do).

For a good functional lighter, go with a Blazer.

They are good and hold a ton of fuel.

Blue Rhino Fire Power butane flame lighters. I have had good luck with them.
BLUE RHINO SAFARI TORCH LIGHTER WITH THERMOMETER, KEY RING and CARRY CLIP - REFILLABLE. I have been using this one about 6 months :cb

I just go with the cheap Ronson Jet Lite. For $4.00, they can't be beat from a value perspective. And I've been using the same one for over a year with no problems. Even if it did break, I'd just pitch it and grab a new one. Hell, it's only $4.00!

I just go with the cheap Ronson Jet Lite. For $4.00, they can't be beat from a value perspective. And I've been using the same one for over a year with no problems. Even if it did break, I'd just pitch it and grab a new one. Hell, it's only $4.00!

You overpaid. ;) :r

For a good functional lighter, go with a Blazer.

They are good and hold a ton of fuel.

another fan here... i like that they have a clear tank so you have a good idea of what you've got left.

I bought a xicar executive (whooops) and overpaid for it. I don't use it at all now that I have the blazer. It's way more dependable IMO

Back