why install private cigar lounges??

southjerzgt

Young Ape
you know what i cant stand, is when the cigar lounges are private at shops?........first off the fact that you have to pay is ridiculous and everytime i go to a shop noones is actually in there, its a waste of space AT LEAST MAKE IT FREE cause id be chillin in there all the time ID BE MAKING THE OWNER HAPPY buyin cigars from his shop, i know one place makes you buy like 50 cigars then your able to enter lol what a joke....thats my 5 cents whats yours ???:confused:

Is this, perhaps, due to a smoking ban?

If there is a private lounge, then smoking may be permitted in it. Also, maybe the fee is to make up for expenses to install this lounge? At any rate, I can't imagine the business nightmare B&M owners must be going through in banned states along with the tax hike.

There you have my :2.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Figured it was a work around for a ban but could be becuase they are trying to get the rich man's money too.

Every shop seems to have like 5 guys who come, buy all thier stuff online and dont support the shop. But they smoke there???? I think a private lounge is just fine.

you know what i cant stand, is when the cigar lounges are private at shops?........first off the fact that you have to pay is ridiculous and everytime i go to a shop noones is actually in there, its a waste of space AT LEAST MAKE IT FREE cause id be chillin in there all the time ID BE MAKING THE OWNER HAPPY buyin cigars from his shop, i know one place makes you buy like 50 cigars then your able to enter lol what a joke....thats my 5 cents whats yours ???:confused:

:tpd: My B&M was a great place nice selection at fair prices. They opened up a cigar lounge with leather couches and marble coffee tables, ya its a nice place but in return the cigar prices went up and theres a snobby atmosphere their now. I found someplace else that is more to my liking, no theres no marble coffee tables but they have a flat screen and a coffee pot thats more how I roll. Oh and the new place doesn't charge to kick back their.

There are several reasons for a private lounge. A couple of questions you should ask the owner or manager.

When joining, do club members get a discount with the membership?
Does the member get a locker where temp and humidity are properly maintained?
Is there a place for the member to keep a bottle of their favorite drink?
Can a member bring a friend or relative in the lounge frree?
Would the owner or manager be willing to host a herf at a members request?

A private lounge is a way around smoking bans and also a way to keep a regular clientle. It also provides an atmosphere that is outside retail. In other words, it gives people a place to hang out in that is relaxed and not buzzing with people coming in, buying things and leaving.

Ron

I agree with ADDICTION regarding the handfull of guys that frequest shops and buy their stuff online. I infact am a member of a lounge and there are a few guys that ONLY stock up online and don't buy a single stick from the establishment. Don't get me wrong, I too purchase "fine tobacco" online; however, I make it a point to spend some money in the shop and not just my yearly dues.

:ss

My local Tinder Box is building a Private club, gonna cost $500 for the year and it includes a locker, and they will be offering discounts. It will be a good place to smoke some ISOM :tu

I wish my local b&m had a private lounge. The have a very nice lounge that is free, the problem is that I feel obligated to buy something every time I stop in for a smoke and feel guilty for bringing in my own . Don't get me wrong I have no problem purchasing smokes from the guy but I would rather smoke my own that have have some time on them. I would much rather pay an annual due and feel ok about just stopping in and socializing rather than feeling I must shop. Nothing has ever been said about me bringing in my own smokes, as I always buy at least one stick when I stop in. The free set up just makes me feel obligated to help support it.

I wish my local b&m had a private lounge. The have a very nice lounge that is free, the problem is that I feel obligated to buy something every time I stop in for a smoke and feel guilty for bringing in my own . Don't get me wrong I have no problem purchasing smokes from the guy but I would rather smoke my own that have have some time on them. I would much rather pay an annual due and feel ok about just stopping in and socializing rather than feeling I must shop. Nothing has ever been said about me bringing in my own smokes, as I always buy at least one stick when I stop in. The free set up just makes me feel obligated to help support it.
I wouldn't worry about buying stuff every time, the key is to buy though. I have a great place that has a 42" LCD, chairs, free beer, soda, coffee (just leave a tip) and great people. They know I buy from them, so I don't feel obligated to buy something every time.

Additionally, when I do I often take my own and buy on my way out to add to the humi.

There are several reasons for a private lounge. A couple of questions you should ask the owner or manager.

A private lounge is a way around smoking bans and also a way to keep a regular clientle. It also provides an atmosphere that is outside retail. In other words, it gives people a place to hang out in that is relaxed and not buzzing with people coming in, buying things and leaving.

Ron

:tpd: Ron has a keen insight into this discussion.

Where in SJ are you from? If you hang out at these stores and get to know some folks, you'll notice that they meet in these lounges at certain times. And if you are willing to use the lounge if it was free, why not just pay the fee - its usually nominal and you'd be getting a place to hang out.

:2

Ron

I would have no problem paying for something like this. I am relatively new to this but have yet to find a place away from my house to socialize with other BOTL. Plus smoking inside of my house is also out of the question with my gaggle of kids running around (ages 14, 7, 2 and another that will be here in about 6 weeks). It would be well worth a nomiinal fee to me.

The lounges I go to are free.

There are no private ones in the Boston Area that I know of.

If one did open. I would probably join it depending upon what it had to offer.

There are a couple around me that are free, but they are too far to drive to everytime I want to smoke. One has a pay bar, and the other just a cooler full of sodas with snacks and whatnot. I usually buy at least the number of smokes I plan on having while there, and always upfront. I then smoke whatever I bring in, and if questioned say it is because I like them at a lower RH. Never been questioned though. Free wireless as well. It is fun when the 9-5ers come in for their after work cigar, because some of them are funny, adn conversation is usually pretty good. I just don't feel all that connected, as they are much older than me, and seem to think that I don't have much cigar knowledge.

I would be willing to pay member dues to smoke in RenoB's "mancave" this winter though. That would be well worth the price of admission. I can bring in whatever I want, including tasty beverages :r.

Most of the cigar shops around here have lounge area open to all customers. Two Guys has both a private club and an open lounge. If I bought a cigar at a shop and the owner told me I had to pay to smoke it there, I'd leave and not return.

I'd be down for paying to use a lounge if I could bring my own sticks. Otherwise free lounge = I buy my smokes there.

If I had to pay to use the lounge AND buy my sticks there, no way.

Back