Willy Cigars TORO 6 x 52

The Bruce

ChestBeater
I came across this website, (http://www.willycigars.com/), some time ago but I did not order from there. I then heard via a third party that someone enjoyed one of his cigars. So I placed a small order. There is no “online” ordering ability so it is done by email. I was very happy with the service I received so order with no worries. It’s personal service like no other cigar company offers. This is my first of four reviews of the cigars ordered.

Construction:
The wrapper was in excellent condition, no giant veins and the entire wrapper was intact. The rolling of the Toro was excellent, looking at the open end you can see that the tobacco was not crushed or stretched.

Lighting, Draw and Ash:
I am not the best at this, bit it burned just fine. It burned more evenly than most fancy pantsy cigars I have smoked. The draw was superb, not too hard and not too loose. The ash was good, uniform in color and firm, if I was a long asher I am sure I would have had a long one.

Flavor:
I consider this cigar to a mild one. The surprise for me was the flavor. It tasted like the cigars I grew up around in Colombia and Brazil. It was refreshing to have what I consider a proper cigar. None of this Fancy Nancy: "I taste coffee and a bit of leather." flavor business.

Overall Rating:
10pts.gif
(10 of 10)
(breakdown: 2 Const, 2 Light, 2 Draw, 2 Ash, 2! flavor)

I really liked the first cigar and as soon as my nasty cold or allergy goes away I'll do the next one. I highly recommend the Willy Cigars TORO for cigar smokers of all levels. See what the cigars that started it all tasted like.

On another more personal note, it was good to see that a Caribbe Latino lives close by.

Vivir, Fumar Y Disfrutar!

ERT

Thanks for the review TB. I've since visited the website and pulled the trigger on an order as well. I've really enjoyed many of the Brazilian based cigars (CAO Brazilia for example) so based on this I will try some.

Back