Window ventilation

White97Jimmy

Expresso - Frickin' 81
So, every so often, I try and smoke in the house (until the woman yells at me!). I thought if I was able to ventilate my computer room a bit and suck out the smoke, she would not mind as much. I was researching window fans, and found that they are really inexpensive. My question, does anyone else use these?

I found this one locally for under $30: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=9203-48819-FW23A4S&lpage=none

If it works halfway decent, I would be happy. Any thoughts?

I don't use a window fan, however, I just use a regular fan on a floor stand point it at the open window and it does help quite a bit. A little Fabreze and you're all set.

Great minds think alike...:r

The one I posted has an exhaust setting, so I think it should work pretty good. I think I may go pick it up later.

I used to use one. They work alright if you keep your cigar close to them. Make sure it can blow out, some of them only blow one-way. I found if I used a regular fan in the room pointing towards the fans in the window I could move around the rrom a little bit, but it still smelled like cigar, just not nearly as much. Pair those fans with a bottle of oust and you'll be straight.

I have one of those fans in my bedroom since we don't use AC in our place. I don't use it for getting cigar smoke out, but I don't think it would have enough power to actually get the smoke out the window unless you were blowing the smoke in that direction.

The room I want to put it in is pretty small. The window is no more than 2 feet from my computer (which is where I want to sit and smoke at).

White97Jimmy said:
The room I want to put it in is pretty small. The window is no more than 2 feet from my computer (which is where I want to sit and smoke at).

I think you will be alright with it then

They work okay if you leave it running for awhile after your done.Or you can spend the 30$ on that Opus Jimmy.;) Just kiddin pal...Dave

Jimmy,

That fan should work good. I was using a typical box fan in the window for a while but because the fan didnt get enclosed in the window and stop air from blowing back in it didnt work so well.

I rigged up a couple peices of plywood, one on each side of the fan and it works great. I just open up the window on the other side of the room. Pulls the smoke right out.

The only problem you will encounter is freezing winter nights and hot summer days. Pulling the heat or AC out of the room with the smoke is the downside.

Back