Wine Coolerdors

Perry72

Keystone Son
Don't need pics, just want to get an idea which wine coolers you guys use and like. Trying for something in the 30 bottle range and would like to keep it under $300. Thanks in advance! :ss

Last edited:
I think a lot of people have the 28-bottle Vinotemp.
Target sells them for $199. ($150 on sale, which is what I am currently waiting for)

I have 2 Vinotemp coolers and I am holding out on buying a third as I am going to build a walkin humi.

The trays from MTmouse are the way to go.

Hey Silverfox I am curious as to where you got your vinotemps. Did you get them from VinoCool in Winnipeg or from somewhere in the states? I can't seem to find a place in Cowtown to get them.

What about temperature control in the vinotemps?
Thanks!

One of the plusses of the Vinotemp is the temperature range setttings are typically higher than that of a standard wine fridge (especially on the thermoeltric models) therefore allowing you to keep you temp at aroound 65 if you choose, I keep mine a bit lower for my own reasons.

You can't go wrong with a Vinotemp Thermoelctric cooler.

Ok, my Target does not have them and the cheapest one on Ebay is $300. Anyone know any internet sites to get these at a good price? I got the go ahead from my wife and am getting antsy....:ss

I have been searching online pretty much every day for the last couple of weeks with no luck. Did fine one at my local Target the other day. Not sure why I didn't pull the trigger then. Guess I'm too cheap and looking for a better deal.

I got the 28 bottle vinotemp about three weeks ago. I bought four 4" x 36" spanish cedar boards and cut them to make four shelves. 2 pounds of heartfelt beads. I put the beads in an aluminum cookie pan I bought at the local grocery store $2 and put it on the bottom of the cooler so that I could get maximum exposure. I have the venotemp sitting on top of a dual temp wine cooler, they look great stacked and is basically maintenance free. $199 for the venotemp, $40 for the spanish cedar, $55 for the beads and $18 for a round hygrometer that I can calibrate.
Works great and by stacking the two units the vinotemp is at eye level, easy to see to make your selection of smoke!

Good luck with it!!

I use two Frigidaire 35 bottle winadors from Lowes.
They are not thermoelectric, they are compressor driven and use the entire back of the unit as the evaporator.
Using fans trained on the back of the unit, they work fabulously and create no condensate whatsoever.
200 bucks.

Back