Wireless Hygrometer question

reggiebuckeye

Proud Member of the 1%.
I am trying to calibrate my wireless hygrometers. Can I calibrate more than one at a time? I double bagged them in freezer bags. I dropped in the calibration packet from Boveda. It has been almost 24 hours. They are both reading at 71%. Is this okay?

So if they hold at 71%, I have to remember to add 4 to all of my RH measurements? As long as they both hold there, it should be easy to remember.

Might want to give them another 12 hours in the bag. I had to give mine extra time because the holes in the casing were so small.

the calibration packets were designed for the calibration kit. The bag in the calibration kit is pretty small, as are the humidipaks. if the ziploc that you used is large, you need to give the test more time. i would say at least 3 or 4 days. If you have 1 of the large Bovedas, it would do a better job. Also, the calibration bag itself is of better quality that a normal ziploc. Better yet, I use a clear kitchen cannister that has the flip top lid with a rubber gasket and clamp. The cannister along with a Boveda makes an excellent calibration chamber. I give my hygros a 2 day test.

Last edited:
Might want to give them another 12 hours in the bag. I had to give mine extra time because the holes in the casing were so small.

What kind are you using? I have the RadioShack ones. I noticed a rise in them so I will hold off a little longer. May not be as far off as I thought.

Thanks to the help I have gotten from everyone so far.:ss

I too would like to know what brand/model of wireless hygro everyone is using. Just curious. Was thinking about picking one up when my Aristocrat gets here.

I too would like to know what brand/model of wireless hygro everyone is using. Just curious. Was thinking about picking one up when my Aristocrat gets here.

I use a Honeywell M005X Wireless Thermo-Hygrometer which came with a remote sensor. I also purchased 2 more sensors since it can read up to three. It works very well, all three sensors are pretty acurate with temp and humidy. The main display unit is nice, with big easy to read numbers. Using remote hygro/temp sensors keeps me from having to open my humi's all the time to check. I'm obsessive when it comes to keeping an eye on the rh and temp, it's a sickness I have.

~S

I have to aree with you on that. I either forget or check constantly. Having the wireless is much better. I just have to take the sensor off of my living room table. I spend way too much time looking at it.

Back