Worst luck of all.........WHY ME?

madurolover

Icehog '08 YES WE CAN!!!
Just want to vent a little.I have a friend going to the caribbean tommorow and he has always brought back a few nice ISOM's.I asked him to pick me up a few and he said sure.Problem is that Tuesday i lost my job because a lack of work available right now,which is odd seeing as how i live in one of the most rapidly growing cities in the U.S.I am in the drywall(sheetrock)business.Seems there is a shortage of sheetrock,because of Katrina most of the sheetrock is being diverted to Louisiana and Mississippi.I happen to still have one ISOM in my humi but now it appears it will be a while before i get to add to that.Started to smoke it over the weekend but now i'm glad i didn't.Anyway just wanted to know if anyone else's luck is this terrible.I hope not.Hopefully the cigar gods are just mad at me for something and are still blessing everyone else.Thx for letting me vent on here.Probably no-one else would understand the frustration except for BOTL.

I think we have several BOTLs on the forum who've had a bad string of luck lately. But, in every case, their situations seemed to have worked out for the better. Hang out here, enjoy yourself, and make some friends. Keep a positive outlook on things and don't give up.

"Why me? This is not fair! What have I done to deserve this?" The cause of these comments are one of the most reassuring moments in life. Would it be better if all the bad things that happen to us was because we deserved it? Take some comfort in the general unfairness of the Universe.

Your luck will turn at some point. The Cigar Gods don't frown on anyone for too long. Keep your head up, watch where you are going and take time to enjoy the pleasures of life.

Good Luck!

The Bruce

I'm sure things will get better for me.Just get frustrated sometimes when things seem to be going so well and then..........SPLAT,right back to where you started from.Sure glad i found this site though because it gives me a chance to explore a new-found passion.CCCCIIIIIGGGGGGAAAAAAAARRRRRRS!!!!

Have you considered moving? Construction here in Fayetteville and the Raleigh, NC area is booming. There are tons of houses and apartments being built right now. I see that you're not too far from my area. Might be worth thinking about.

Sounds like lots of jobs in the south await you my friend. I know I love it down here. There is a huge hiring going on in those states hit by Katrina. I know several guys that commute back and forth from Florida to this areas everyweek. they say the pay is great. something worth looking into. I know they are trying to hurry because the next hurricane season is only what 4 months away.

TypeO- said:
Have you considered moving? Construction here in Fayetteville and the Raleigh, NC area is booming. There are tons of houses and apartments being built right now. I see that you're not too far from my area. Might be worth thinking about.
Only have one problem with relocating..........my probation officer.Honest i did a stupid thing a few years ago and landed myself on federal probation so now im stuck for 5 more years.This guy wont even let me travel to upstate S.C. I'm sure i will find something very shortly though.Thx for the concerned replies.:)

madurolover said:
Just want to vent a little.I have a friend going to the caribbean tommorow and he has always brought back a few nice ISOM's.I asked him to pick me up a few and he said sure.Problem is that Tuesday i lost my job because a lack of work available right now,which is odd seeing as how i live in one of the most rapidly growing cities in the U.S.I am in the drywall(sheetrock)business.Seems there is a shortage of sheetrock,because of Katrina most of the sheetrock is being diverted to Louisiana and Mississippi.I happen to still have one ISOM in my humi but now it appears it will be a while before i get to add to that.Started to smoke it over the weekend but now i'm glad i didn't.Anyway just wanted to know if anyone else's luck is this terrible.I hope not.Hopefully the cigar gods are just mad at me for something and are still blessing everyone else.Thx for letting me vent on here.Probably no-one else would understand the frustration except for BOTL.
I have been losing some of my sheetrock sales because of the shortage here too. It is on allocation. Fortunately I sell lumber, doors, millwork, rebar, stucco, etc. and construction is booming here in SW Florida. Hopefully sheetrock allocations will loosen up soon. I hear they are starting to import it. Good luck.

opusxox said:
I have been losing some of my sheetrock sales because of the shortage here too. It is on allocation. Fortunately I sell lumber, doors, millwork, rebar, stucco, etc. and construction is booming here in SW Florida. Hopefully sheetrock allocations will loosen up soon. I hear they are starting to import it. Good luck.
We were getting it from Home Depot.......all they could get.Of course we had to load and unload all of it by hand but at least we had it,then one day they say 70% has to go to N.O.,so it wasn't worth the time or effort to just get a cuople hundred boards here and there.

Back