Would a review like this get me flogged?

rhdad42

Young Ape
A friend of mine (a BOTL who frequents another board) sent me this review and it was too good not to share. I'm not sure what the cigar was.

Looks:
a strikingly rich colour of almost Edicion Limitada Colorado Maduro
darkness, interspersed with diffuse reddish brown and Kalamata olive
areas as well as a few tan veins and straw gold 'beauty marks

Taste:
It started out fairly mild on the palate, however, with the tightly
wound earth and tobacco core barely hinting at highlights of bitter
chocolate, grass, slate and charred peppercorns.

medium-bodied vein tending to fullness, a mineral-tinged citrus edge
with grassy herbaceousness riding above the other elements

I don't know what grassy herbaceousness is, and I'm not quite sure I'm ready to.

A friend of mine (a BOTL who frequents another board) sent me this review and it was too good not to share. I'm not sure what the cigar was.

Looks:

Taste:

I don't know what grassy herbaceousness is, and I'm not quite sure I'm ready to.

YES!
:hn

Do people really taste that kind of stuff? Like i would have to think really hard just to make up some of the taste descriptions. I mean, do people really know what slate and charred peppercorns taste like? Actually...hmm...i have a skillet and some pepper corns. Maybe i'll give it a shot to further develope my pallette. Anyone have any old slate tiles they want to Bomb on me so i can truly grasp all of the flavors?

Looks:

Taste:

I think I got it...
he was out mowin the yard smokin a cigar,got a mouthful of grass clippings so he went inside & grabs some M&Ms to get the taste out his mouth.
His wife catches him draggin grass into the house & hits him upsida the head with a peppermill, that's when he kisses the slate floor:D

Code:
I think I got it...
he was out mowin the yard smokin a cigar,got a mouthful of grass clippings so he went inside & grabs some M&Ms to get the taste out his mouth.
His wife catches him draggin grass into the house & hits him upsida the head with a peppermill, that's when he kisses the slate floor
:D :r :r :r :D

Uh um:
CLUB STOGIE STRICTLY ADHERES TO THE 1997 "NO CIGAR SNOB" TREATISE DEVELOPED BY TOP 25 CIGAR.
- circa 1997 Top25Cigar.com

(AKA...If you can taste hints of burnt 7-year old Madagascar Vanilla...smoke elsewhere!

Thanks
Club Stogie Staff

I just want everyone to know that wasn't MY review, just one that was forwarded on to me by a fellow BOTL. My palate isn't that refined. I just know what I like, and it ain't grass and slate.

"grassy herbaceousness " I thought it was illegal to smoke that stuff.

Reviews like that just leave me clueless.

Dgar

These kinds of elaborate reviews are not very helpful right of the bat. I prefer straightforward description that would help me determine if I would like the cigar or not. The real test is to smoke the cigar while reading the review. If it makes sense to me, it adds to my overall appreciation of the cigar. If not, I just include them to my list of “elegant jargon”.

...with the tightly wound earth and tobacco core barely hinting at highlights of bitter chocolate, grass, slate and charred peppercorns.

sounds like the taste of this cigar isn't the only thing that is tightly wound...:hn

Back