WOW! Felipe Gregorio

megasolo

ChestBeater
I picked up a Felipe Gregorio Sampler pack from cigarbid on my last purchase. well last night I sat down and lit up this cigar. http://www.felipegregorio.com/felipegregorio.htm Felipe Gregorio Robusto 5X52.

Looking at this cigar, I would not think much of it, it has an uninteresting band on it. The cigar is not very dark, not very light either. looks more like an EMS. it has a Habana 92 sun grown wrapper on it. the wrapper had a few blemishes on it as well. a few holes, and there was a slight tear. the cigar felt very firm through out. wasn't the greatest looking cigar i've seen, thats for sure. binder is condega, filler is Condega, Esteli. Anyway in lighting up this cigar, i noticed the draw was tight. not so tight I couldn't get a draw, but the cigar made me work for it. the foot didn't light very well either, one corner wouldn't get lit, but I finally managed. So at this point i'm thinking not a great cigar. However after the first 1/2 an inch, ohhhh man the flavor started kicking in. The flavor was complex, and had a definite spice to it. it was tasty. At the halfway point, man I really took notice, it was a great tasting cigar, and it had me completely fooled. this thing was outstanding in taste. I'm not good at noting this flavor and that flavor. but I would say it has a great flavor, i'd say one of the best tasting cigars i've had in my 4 short years of smoking hand mades. throughout the cigar I had the same tight draw, it wasn't plugged, just tight. The last 1 1/12 wasn't that great, had to put it out. But i'm used to nubbing a cigar this good. according to Felipes website, this cigar blend (not sure which size) received a whopping 92 rating in Cigar Insider. Wow, what a surprise. I Can't wait to try the Centenario next.

I am fond of the FG (Blue) Robusto, but it can be hit & miss. When they are on they rock! When they are off they are just strong & overpowering.

The Centenario has been plagued with construction problems IMHE.

You might like the Felipe II. Somewhat different from the FG originals.......a bit milder & slightly different flavor profile.

Don't waste your time on the FG Dominicana.

good advice kansashat i'll take it....it must of been ON for that stick I had...hmm have to see what the next one brings. I got two of each of these in the sampler:
blue label
centenario
felipe II
Dominicana

kansashat said:
I am fond of the FG (Blue) Robusto, but it can be hit & miss. When they are on they rock! When they are off they are just strong & overpowering.

The Centenario has been plagued with construction problems IMHE.

You might like the Felipe II. Somewhat different from the FG originals.......a bit milder & slightly different flavor profile.

Don't waste your time on the FG Dominicana.
Good advice K-hat. FG are still among my favorites. The first box I ever bought were the Robusto. Still a good smoke. I also agree with you, the Felipe II are a good smoke as well, but my other favorites are the Fusion.

Back