Xikar Executive Lighter

Freight Train

Dark Knight
I am considering purchasing a Xikar Executive lighter. I have used matches all of my short life. This will be my first lighter purchase.

A few questions: when this lighter runs out of fuel do you have to purchase a new lighter or can you refill the fuel?

Does anyone have any experiance with these lighter? If so how would you review them?

Thanks

I do have an Xikar Executive, I think it works very nice. The single flame takes a while to light larger RG cigars but it is great for touch-ups. You can refill the lighter as many times as you want, just be sure to use a high quality fuel with atleast triple refined. Personally I use Vector Quintuple filtered butane in my lighters.

Not sure if you have already but be sure to check the Devil Site for the best prices. :tu

The other thing to remember when filling your lighter is too purge it first as well.

I have an Xikar Exec as well and works great, I don't mind the fact that it is a little slower light on larger RG's as I like to toast my Cigars a little more, not that it has any huge difference in the smoking just what I do.

I have a Xikar Executive and a Vector Tizio. Overall they're both great lighters. The executive does take more work to light a bigger RG cigar, but it's definitely better for touch ups. One thing i notice on both, it took three fillups before I got a steady light out of both lighters at lower settings and now they actually hold fuel more than 45 seconds of lighting.

I agree with what's been said but I had a genesis single flame. Stepped up to the triple flame Ellipse and its worth every penny. Lights the cigar quickly and evenly and holds quite a bit of fuel for a pocket lighter.

For me, its kinda like with humidors, go ahead and get the bigger/better one because you will eventually anyway. :ss

I agree with what's been said but I had a genesis single flame. Stepped up to the triple flame Ellipse and its worth every penny. Lights the cigar quickly and evenly and holds quite a bit of fuel for a pocket lighter.

For me, its kinda like with humidors, go ahead and get the bigger/better one because you will eventually anyway. :ss
Great advice. Thanks

I have one and love it. The side ignition keeps your fingers away from the flame so it doesn't burn you. They are easy to refill (I advise using Vector 5x Refined Fuel) They look great too, also they send you a nice leather sheeath to carry it in so as not get scratched. Can't go wrong for they money.

honestly, ronson jetlite is much much better than the xikar executive.

surely, the xikar looks much nicer and the side ignition is awesome. but, it doesn't always light up as consistently as the ronson (yes i always purge before refueling with my 198374X filtered vector butane), and it doesn't create as big of a flame as does ronson (about an inch for the xikar vs. almost two inches for ronson)

i would recommend just getting the ronson or saving up and going for the dupont xtend or one of those porsche lighters:tu

Back