Xikar MTX Multi-tool...

JezterVA

Lowland Gorilla
XI-MTX.jpg

Very handy little cutter here. I've had mine for nearly a month and am still working on getting used to the way it cuts. I have much better luck cutting torpedoes than anything and occasionally get a bad cut or a torn wrapper on rounded head cigars. Haven't had much opportunity to use the other accessories, like the knife and bottle opener but the knife is sharp and the bottle opener seems very sturdy. I'm pleased with this purchase and would recommend the cutter for carrying in your pocket. It folds up very small.

Steve

I love this tool. I was going to get a regular Xi series, but Uncle Mikey talked me out of that and into this thing. I love it. I also get a few bad cuts and unwrapping due to these, but that is almost always on sticks with very small caps. If the cap comes around the head a little, no problem. I have started to punch the smokes that look like they might have problems with this one.

Also, the poker is a great tool. Had to use it for the first time the other night...man did it work great. This was my first plugged cigar and the poker cleared that right up. Nice easy draw from there on out. And it doubles as a purging tool for your lighter. A great tool to have around. Unfortunately, mine has been missing for about a week :mad: :rolleyes:

I like mine and have it attached with a small chain to a lighter. The scissors work good on torpedos and smaller ring gauge cigars. I have not had real good results on larger cigars unless I am VERY careful. The bottle opener has opened many bottles of beer and the little purge device has worked wonders on keeping air out of my butane lighter. The only thing that I wish is that the scissors were a little larger. Mine, and the attached lighter, are sitting peacefully in a basket in my living room awaiting warmer weather. Neither the butane lighter nor the scissors work worth a darn in cold, dry weather. I need a good sharp double bladed cigar cutter to keep from cracking wrappers and an alcohol loaded Zippo for lighting them in this weather (currently -2. Even with the current dewpoint of -6 or 80% humidity, there is little to no moisture in the air and a cigar wrapper dries out almost instantly).

I recieved one from a sponsorship for my cigar club, the thing is nice when there is nothing else around but I just cannot stand the scissor cut, It always leaves a trail of small chopped tobacco on the head and these small pieces always end up in my mouth, I could not stand it.

Ive been eyeballing these on cbid for months but havent pulled the trigger yet. Thanks for the review, I really think Im gonna get one now.

pierce652 said:
Ive been eyeballing these on cbid for months but havent pulled the trigger yet. Thanks for the review, I really think Im gonna get one now.

I'd just buy a regular Xikar cutter instead of these scissors...they usually make my wrapper split...not very good cut.

LSU_Stogie said:
I'd just buy a regular Xikar cutter instead of these scissors...they usually make my wrapper split...not very good cut.

I have an XikarII and like it alot.

Back