Xikar Xi issues

Nabinger16

SilverBack
I have a Xikar Xi cutter that doesn't open very smooth. When I use the release to open the blades, sometimes it pops right open and other times it opens a little and then I have to pull it the rest of the way. I have very meticulously cleaned it to make sure no debris is up inside channel where the blades travel.

This is the only Xikar cutter I have and the only one I have ever used, so my question is..... Is this normal for the XiKar Xi cutter? It's not a real big deal, but since it has a lifetime warranty I would like to send it in if it’s not right.

Thanks for the help,
Trent

I only have the Xi3 so, I can't say for sure, but I don't think that's right. mine doesn't do that. I'd send it in.

i sent mine in due to a problem with the spring mechanism... they replaced the unit within 10 days, no questions asked..

xikar customer service is top notch.

If you have cleaned it well (and I use compressed air to get in the joints) and still have problems - send it back in. Positive they will take care of you.

Ron

Mine did the same thing until about 2 weeks later, the spring broke and fell out. Sent it back and in 3 days had another brand new one delivered. Xikar customer service is the absolute best.

it's not normal from my limited experience-blowing it out w/compressed air sounds like a good idea-every now & again i unscrew the round button & squirt a little WD40 or silicon lube in there, seems to help-keeping it in the case they'll ship for free helps keep any crap from gumming up the works-hope this helps

I'm going to say, but in a bit more round about way than most, but my Palio doesn't do that.............. :D OK, ok not fair, but still, Palios are just tits.

I've been noticing that my Xikar Xi cutter has also been sticking. I just cleaned it, blew it out and lubed it......works like new.

They guarantee those for life time.

Send it back to them.

They will fix it or send you a new one. Most of the time they just send a new one out.

Back