Your favorite Cigar/Drink Pairing

Whether it be beer or coffee, Scotch or club soda. Name your favorite pairing of cigars and beverages. I'll go first.

My new favorite morning pairing is a Juan Lopez Seleccion #2 and a nice cup of coffe with no sugar. Mmmmmmm, nothing better than a great morning cigar.

My other favorite is a Partagas Black or Cifuentes with a glass of Gentleman Jack Whiskey. Jack Daniels..... the old standby. Hasn't let me down yet:D

C'mon everybody weigh in.

well i dont drink lots of liquor but from the ones i tried a Monte #4 with a Vodka Smirnoff Vanilla with Coke coktail. And H.Upmann CJ with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon Wine LACetto.

In the mid-morning a QdO corona or HdM Petit Robusto with a cup of coffee (don't do will with a cigar early in the a.m.). In the afternoon, I just smoke whatever grabs my attention. After dinner, I like a PSD#4 or something strong a glass of Knob Creek on the rocks, or some Bookers and water. If I am in a beer mood, I will make a "black and tan" with Guiness/Bass.

Coffee in the morning on the way to work with a Cohiba club 5 days a week.

In the evening I have been drinking Sam Adams Octoberfest, Jack and Ginger and sometimes scotch with my cigars. I have found that the scotch overpowers a cigar...so I'll pour myself a nice dram after my smoke.

I also stay away from hoppy beers, they don't really go too well with a cigar either. Guinness, Sam Smith Taddy Porter or Oatmeal Stout, Octoberfest are a few favorites.

I'm partial to Bourbon and Scotch. Love Jack, especially the Single Barrel. Single malt scotches and Johnny Walker Blue. Being in the Navy, I smoke a stogie almost every evening when out to sea. Then I usually have a Coke or Dr Pepper. Love sitting on the fantail watching the sun set with a good cigar. Would be nice to have a good drink too. :al On a sunny afternoon, a nice cold beer will do the trick, or a Mohito (with Cuban rum if ya got it).

GoatLocker

A couple of months back I enjoyed some inexpensive Malmsey Madeira with a couple of JdNA Churchills (inspired to try by Jazznut's article at CW). Really good combo!

I also had a very good experience with Jim Beam Black and a Flor de A. Allones #5. Can't forget the Fuente 858 natural with the left-over bottle of Spumante. (Stop your snickering!) That was good too.

Usually I don't really "pair" a drink to a cigar. I just stumble on a good "pairing" out of dumb luck (the Madeira being an exception).

Black coffee - morning
icetea- summer
Hefeweizen- anytime

Rarely drink hard alcohol when I smoke :confused:

A nice cup of freshly brewed Cuban (Cubita) coffee and a Party Short.
Just shoot me now and let me go to heaven!!! :D

LasciviousXXX said:
Whether it be beer or coffee, Scotch or club soda. Name your favorite pairing of cigars and beverages. I'll go first.

My new favorite morning pairing is a Juan Lopez Seleccion #2 and a nice cup of coffe with no sugar. Mmmmmmm, nothing better than a great morning cigar.

My other favorite is a Partagas Black or Cifuentes with a glass of Gentleman Jack Whiskey. Jack Daniels..... the old standby. Hasn't let me down yet:D

C'mon everybody weigh in.

My list:
Port - works well with almost all cigars. Something like a Graham's Six Grapes or Croft Distinction
Red Wine - I find an Argentina Malbec (Trapiche) goes well as do many Chilean wines
Grand Marnier - seem to work best with fuller cigars
Aged Rum

DaveNJ said:
My list:
Port - works well with almost all cigars. Something like a Graham's Six Grapes or Croft Distinction
Red Wine - I find an Argentina Malbec (Trapiche) goes well as do many Chilean wines
Grand Marnier - seem to work best with fuller cigars
Aged Rum

Grand Marnier? Hmmm...... I never thought about that before. Sounds like it might be an interesting combination. I think I'll try it this weekend. Thanks Dave.

I'm addicted to Gran Marnier and Cigars....

....Great combo -- especially with a solid smoke like a Padron or Opus.

It's basically my Friday night routine. Add a double shot of Espresso and I'm in heaven.

I like the bourbon - Bookers, Evan Williams Single Barrel, Wild Turkey Rare Breed.
I like the beer - Long Trail Hit the Trail, Long Trail Double Bag.
I like the coffee - Starbucks French or Espresso roast.
I like the wine - good reds.

I smoke a lot of Padrons with these combos. It depends on the mood or availability. I can't wait for the weekend now.

Personally I like coffee with cigars.

Now regular brewed coffee works with the mild-medium blends pretty good but a Triple expresso (have my own machine) works better especially with the stronger smokes. THen again this is my personal preference and everybody's is usually somewhat different.

Back