Zaya New or Old

SaltFlyTyer

Master Baiter
Hey everyone.. I have been reading about zaya rum on here.. I checked several stores with no luck.. Today at work i had to go to a little store and there it is!! 6 bottles...
Does anyone know if the new bottles still say Guatemala or not??

I like the taste of zacapa 23 anos but havnt tried zaya.

Is $47 a bottle for the zaya worth it??
..kris..

Haven't tried the new Zaya, but trying to get my hands on some locally. I did find some online at Hi Times Wines for about half the price you quoted. You might check there. Even with shipping it should be much cheaper than $47.

Hey everyone.. I have been reading about zaya rum on here.. I checked several stores with no luck.. Today at work i had to go to a little store and there it is!! 6 bottles...
Does anyone know if the new bottles still say Guatemala or not??

I like the taste of zacapa 23 anos but havnt tried zaya.

Is $47 a bottle for the zaya worth it??
..kris..

$47.00 is about $20.00 too much :tpd:

Rob :bl

The old blend should say Guatemala on the bottom of the label & cost around $30/bottle. I say shop around because they are making mad profit off of those bottles.

Here is photo I took last year of the old stuff. Hope it helps, with your determination.

DSC04220.jpg

—Richard

PS I think I paid around $30

New bottles say "Trinidad" somewhere on the bottle, old say "Guatemala". That's about the only difference.

I agree with the rest, that price is too high.

just an FYI - Safeway (Vons etc.) bought out the last remaining stock of Zaya old (it's been spotted on select store shelves for less than $30). maybe keep an eye out if SW is in your region... particularly in nicer more upscale areas - you might get lucky.

The one and only place I saw it was $47. It was an old bottle and they jacked it up since it was being changed. Didn't stop me getting it since it wasn't for me:ss

Here is photo I took last year of the old stuff. Hope it helps, with your determination.

DSC04220.jpg

—Richard

PS I think I paid around $30

That is the bottle in the store.. Thank you... I dont want to pay so much for a bottle but i will check safeway..
..kris..

As has been mentioned, keep in mind that the word Guatemala has been substituted with the word Trinidad for the newer bottle. Country of origin is the only thing that has changed noticeably from the old bottle to the new bottle.

Given that the new bottle seems to be sparse, it seems safe to assume when it is said "That's the bottle" ~ you gents are likely right that it's the old bottle but do keep in mind, on looks, the bottles are EXACTLY the same with the exception of one word.

Back