Zikar and Z-plus not wanting to ignite

andrewsutherland2002

Real Men Cut Lusis in 1/2
I recently bought a zikar lighter and have an old z-plus. Neither of them want to spark and ignite. The lighters are full of fluid (Ronson fluid is the only kind around here) but don't want to light. Any suggestions? Or should I just send the Zikar back for a replacement? What about the Z-plus (it's been good to me for a year now until recent)?:confused:

Try emptying them and refilling them. Take a paperclip or mechanical pencil or something and push on the refill valve - you'll get a cold rush of butane come out for a few seconds. Wait for it to completely empty, wait a few minutes, then refill it.

Try emptying them and refilling them. Take a paperclip or mechanical pencil or something and push on the refill valve - you'll get a cold rush of butane come out for a few seconds. Wait for it to completely empty, wait a few minutes, then refill it.

:tpd: Try completely emptying and refilling.

If those things don't work definitely send it back for replacement, but on the topic of fluid if you have a cookware store nearby you can find good fluid there. Cause the problem could easily be that.

If those things don't work definitely send it back for replacement, but on the topic of fluid if you have a cookware store nearby you can find good fluid there. Cause the problem could easily be that.
What type is the best? I know Ronson is not great, but it's whats available.

try vector, lava, or king butane-for that matter, anything 5x refined works great-it's worth ordering some so you don't have to use the ronson fuel, they should call that stuff "the lighter killer"

Sometimes you can find Vector locally. I hear Williams Sonoma carries it but have never seen it in the Austin store.

Bleed lighter with paper clip.
Set valve to minimum setting.
Put in freezer for 5 min.
Hold vertical when refilling.
Try several times lifting the gas canister off and putting it on again. Kind of topping up your car.
Don't try and light immediately after refilling. Wait 2 min.
Set valve to medium position. Ignite but press the button slowly.
You might get a huge flame in the beginning so be careful.

Till

Back