Zino "chubby"

mikey202

GO STEELERS!!!!!
I got my free cigar from Zino today...It is a Zino Platinum Scepter series "Chubby" torpedo. Has anyone ever smoked one of these?

Not yet. Have a couple in the humi. You should pull the chubby out of the tubo, and give it a good check for mold. There was a mold problem on many of the freebies they sent out before the end of last year. Past thread on this subject here on CS. Mine DID NOT have mold, but several members got one with growth.

Good luck. Suspose to be a fine smoke!

I got mine last night. No mold on it. It looks like a nice cigar. I just have way too many new smokes to try and do not know when I will get a chance to try it.

the dude will never smoke this cigar.

some other person: hey, dude - whatcha got there?
the dude: a chubby...

uh-uh, not gonna go do it...

thebiglebowski said:
the dude will never smoke this cigar.

some other person: hey, dude - whatcha got there?
the dude: a chubby...

uh-uh, not gonna go do it...
:r I kinda thought the same thing but..what the hell..it might be a good conversation starter with some girl...:D

mikey202 said:
No mold...tube was dented but cigar was ok:) . Resting in humi right now..thanks.

Mine was the same way. No mold or anything detrimental, but had an EXTREMELY loose draw. Smoke this one real slow with light draws or you will heat it up and it will turn sour rather quickly.

Cheers!!
Steve

I smoked one, and wasnt impressed at all.. very little good flavor for the price.. Luckily I got mine free.
Scott

mikey202 said:
I got my free cigar from Zino today...It is a Zino Platinum Scepter series "Chubby" torpedo. Has anyone ever smoked one of these?

Its a good cigar. Normally my vitola of choice is a zepplin shaped perfecto; however in the Zino Platinum Scepter line I like the flavor of the Grand Master vitola better than the Chubby vitola. They really need to come up with a better name for this one.... "smoking a chubby" is a not soo subtle euphemism..

txmatt said:
Its a good cigar. Normally my vitola of choice is a zepplin shaped perfecto; however in the Zino Platinum Scepter line I like the flavor of the Grand Master vitola better than the Chubby vitola. They really need to come up with a better name for this one.... "smoking a chubby" is a not soo subtle euphemism..

The one I received and incinerated was the Grand Master.

"smoking a chubby"........:r :r

Still waiting for mine to arrive... And I'm hoping for the Obesito rather than the Grand Master... Will check for mold!

Poriggity said:
I smoked one, and wasnt impressed at all.. very little good flavor for the price.. Luckily I got mine free.
Scott

My thoughts exactly. I did not get mine for free, so the disappointment was proportional.

zoneshumidor_may_05.jpg

Now were talking!
This is the best cigar I ever smoked hands down!!
The chubby is the zeppelin from Zinos Septer series, a phat li`l sucker
with the look taken directly from a comic book, with an incredibly sweet &
good taste! Smoking it felt like riding an expensive sport car!!
Super smooth!
And with its cartoon look & with that Z loggo I just fell in love with the whole package!
I seriously thinking of getting that Z tattoed & to smoke a chubby everytime
I guest poose or something & ask èm for a sponsor deal!

zoneshumidor_may_06.jpg

Peace!
ZONE
www.zonecapone.com

Just be careful if a friend asks you "whatcha smoking there" and if you reply "I'm smoking a chubby", you'll be the object of derision for some to come.

mikey202 said:
I just smoked my "chubby" an I liked it!!! :D
I recieved my free one today. I smoked it immediately, and the wrapper came unraveled early on. Nice tastting, but disappointed in the contruction. I would not pay this much for this cigar. The construction issue may have been alleviated by sticking it in the humi. Nice flavor and aroma though.

I like them, but I can't afford them so I don't smoke them. I think they're just as good as any other $10+ cigar (opus, vsg, 64's) but like those others, there are a hell of a lotta cigars for less than half that price that are just as good or better.

Back