Zippo Blu

jcarlton

Just a Pisser
Well I got my new lighter yesterday and while it is definitely different than any other torch lighter I have used it is nice to have the feel of a Zippo in my hand and pocket again. I quit using a Zippo when I quit cigarettes about ten years ago. Here are a few pic's.

i saw the picts and told a couple people who were at the RTDA the i wanted one. They sed they are just ok. all the reviews sed the are just ok. I still think the look classy... i still think i want one... :D

I much prefer my Zippo housing with a Z-Plus... Just don't like the size / feel / functionality .. :ss

First of all, nice photos. Thanks for sharingt. It always helps to get a visual.

Couple of questions: It looks like, from the photo, the flame is pretty close to the lid. When you light a cigar, does the lid get really hot?

Have you found not being able to adjust the flame is a hassle?

Doc

First of all, nice photos. Thanks for sharingt. It always helps to get a visual.

Couple of questions: It looks like, from the photo, the flame is pretty close to the lid. When you light a cigar, does the lid get really hot?

Have you found not being able to adjust the flame is a hassle?

Doc

The lid folds back further than in the photo so I have not had any problems with it heating up. It is a bit odd to get used to there not being an adjustment for flame height but it has not been a problem.

In my opinion this lighter is not for everyone, unless you are a real Zippo fan. The lighter is certainly not as easy to use as most because of the flint wheel. For me I like the feel of a Zippo and will get used to the way it works over time. I have had expensive triple flame lighters that I couldn't get to work more than a week and I have had cheap lighters that work every time. I have only had this one a little over a week so I will give it some time and post here a bit later.

I'm really interested in these, but they are a little on the expensive side, especially when I've got a bag full of Ronsons waiting to be sparked.

Are these the same functional build as the ones Marlboro0 gave away? Those got nothing but bad reviews, but I'm wondering if they were just promotional cheapos.

Has anyone bought the insert for the Zippo? It's $12.95 on lightersdirest.com. I have an old brass lighter from when I was in the Navy, and I would like to use it again. Just wondering if anyone is using one.

Has anyone bought the insert for the Zippo? It's $12.95 on lightersdirest.com. I have an old brass lighter from when I was in the Navy, and I would like to use it again. Just wondering if anyone is using one.

I dont personally have one but I know alot of people on here do have them.

I've used both the soft-flame butane inserts (one for pipe, one for everything else) from KGM and love them. but then I prefer flint ignition lighters anyway.

DISCLOSURE: We sell a ton of these (as well as the Z-Plus inserts) on our site so you could say I'm a little biased...:pp

I bought a Zplus insert a couple weeks ago. Seems to be working fine so far. Had to turn the flame to the absolute minimum though. But I'm happy with the purchase cause I really like my zippo case.

Thanks for the pictures, I've love my Zippo. Does anyone own both this and the Z plus? If so which one is more reliable?

I got one of these for free during the Summer Marlboro promotion, and I have to say I was a little dissapointed.

I still have my original Zippo from when I used to smoke in high school, and the new Blu feels cheap, and clunky compared to that. I'd rather use my cheapo 4 dollar torch.

:2

Back