Zippo Torch Flame Insert: Thoughts?

I worked with a guy once at a local B&M who used this and he loved it. It did its job and he was able to keep the zippo shell, which is what he loved most about it.

I recently purchased one. Very satisfied with it. Others I know who use it like it as well. I had an old brass zippo case. Now its polished and good to go! :ss

Make my opinion #3 for great lighter, but extremely small tank. Like one of those sleek fancy looking Colibris (no comments about colibris fellas :)). I will probably be getting a way bigger lighter (blazer of some sort) because I hate filling up the lighter once a week or more.

I worked with a guy once at a local B&M who used this and he loved it. It did its job and he was able to keep the zippo shell, which is what he loved most about it.
It is a good insert. Everyone who has said small tank and hard to see opaque are correct as well, but I am willing to deal with it most of the time.
:ss

I hear nothing but good things, the guy who runs humi blog reviewed it so if you want more details check his blog out.

The fuel reserve isn't enough for daily use for me, but I do think it makes for a great travel lighter with the DOT-approved case.

Got one around X-Mas `06, and I've used it ever since. I'm sure if I had plenty of money I'd just use some DuPont, but the $12 Z-Plus combined with my $18 Zippo ain't bad at all.

My only real complaint, which is stupid and you should pay no attention to :)r ) is that the hinge gets loose after a while, therefore the case lid rattles to some extent compared to the Zippo insert.

I inherited my grandpa's old Zippo many years ago but rarely carried it since the fuel was always drying out. Not being a daily smoker it was too much trouble to keep that thing topped off. I got the butane insert last year and have been using it ever since. It's a great product.

I purchased mine from heartfelt and have been really pleased with it. It has worked great from day one :ss

I have bought/been gifted many lighters. From Ronson to DuPonts and alot of in between. The one I carry with me everyday and everywhere, is the one gifted to me by ATLHARP. It's a Marine Corps zippo case with a z-plus insert. Never fails me and I have used it everyday since I got it. one of the best that I own.

Ron

i really like my z-plus zippo insert, but since i have picked up a couple Ronson $2.50 cheapos at Walmart (they even had some with black chrome finishes) i haven't really touched the Zippo because it's kindof a pain taking out the insert to refill.

i bought my black chrome remington zippo for like $15 and then the zippo insert for $10, so $25 for a nice lighter that i really don't use that much. but the Ronsons work just as good and are easier to refill, and i'm not at all worried about losing one or even giving one away since they are so dirt cheap. i have several kicking around in various places so i always have a full lighter and don't need to worry about lugging one around everywhere.

dont get me wrong, i do like the zippo + zplus, and still bring it with me once in a while, people that aren't familiar with the torch insert get a kick out of it and the Zippos do look damn sharp. their black chrome is an excellent finish and is hard to beat in the looks department

Back