CA Magazine

hotreds

Support the troops!
OK, so I got an offer for CA for $19.95 for 1 year. I bought one issue last month, and found it covered waaay too many supremely expensive toys and lifestyles for my taste. I was wondering if most isues are like this- with cigars kinda being relegated to the "back bench," as it were. Twenty bucks ain't bad, but if most issues concentrate on non-cigar glitter, then it's not for moi.

Your opinions would be appreciated!

Not worth the money, in my opinion (unless you like the articles on high-end, toys, that is).

I've been getting it since the year it came out. It's definitely gone downhill, in my opinion. The cigar content is minimal (and arguably biased) any more, but I do enjoy reading about the golf trips :)

I was wondering if most isues are like this- with cigars kinda being relegated to the "back bench," as it were. Twenty bucks ain't bad, but if most issues concentrate on non-cigar glitter, then it's not for moi.

That's a pretty accurate description of CA! :r
Don't get me wrong... I get it and enjoy reading it... but it ain't a cigar magazine... its a lifestyle magazine.

Cigar Magazine from JR's ain't bad, and it focuses exclusively on cigars and the cigar industry. :ss

P.S. Like your sig line... been using it myself for some time now. :ss

Last edited:
I agree with the previous posters. CA is a lifestyle magazine, which is pretty dumb considering the word CIGAR is on the cover. I would reccomend Smoke instead. Have picked up a few issues at the B&M and enjoy it. :tu

I love CA. I don't really go to it for cigar ratings, rather I just enjoy reading about all that stuff. Yes, it's a lifestyle magazine. Cigars themselves are a lifestyle, though. Think about when you enjoy a cigar most. For me, it's when I MAKE TIME for myself. I get to sit and contemplate things outside my normal mundane day to day existence. To me, thats what CA represents.

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll save the twenty! But, I will check out the other mags mentioned that I have not heard of! And, yeah, Smokey, not too many quotes from preacher types available!

I got the same deal for $19.95. It is a lot of high end stuff, but I like high end stuff. It is BS that the things the magazine is named for have been banished to the back.

I agree with what everyone has said. With that said, I own every issue (but 2 i think) since it came out. Don't ask me why, I have no clue. Anybody want to buy a mag collection?

Al

If it wasn't for CA I would have never found out that Tommy Bahama got into making booze. :al

Never the less this year I did not renew my subscription...so far I don't regret it.

If it wasn't for CA I would have never found out that Tommy Bahama got into making booze. :al

Never the less this year I did not renew my subscription...so far I don't regret it.
They did? I think I need to subscribe to CA.

My In Laws buy it for me each year as a Birthday gift. Othewise I doubt if I'd buy it myself. Though I DO like the articles on aviation, exotic auto's and especially high end watches.

I DO NOT care for the GOLF articles. Especially the bozo Editors personal articles......reminds me of Oprah and her O magazine.:BS

FN in MT

I really enjoy Cigar magazine, I think a subscription was like $20 for 2 years with a free butane lighter. I can read it from cover to cover, because it goes over history and people in the industry.

I tried a free issue of CA and I just couldn't relate to twenty thousand dollar watches and fast sports cars. I'm just a college student!

It's definitely a lifestyle magazine that happens to have some cigar related content thrown into the mix. They have some decent articles from time to time. It's worth the subscription price if you think you'll buy 5 or more issues at the newstand. Otherwise, I'd just buy them as you feel like it.

I read it every month.

Do I like it, yes and no. Its not the best cigar magazine out there but it does have some good articles in the back and the write ins are not to bad either.

Makes for good bathroom reading and usually has one good article a month in it. The rest of the magazine mirrors the Robb Report.

Back