Cabinet humidor buying experiences?

Footbag

La Aroma de Gorilla
I am considering a 3000-cigar cabinet humidor and am wondering if anyone has any experience with this model? It costs about $850 after shipping but including the Cigar Oasis II.

http://www.cigarextras.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=436

It seems like a bargain, almost too much of a bargain. I've looked at the aristocrats, but couldn't settle on a humidor under $3000. I can have the other humidor and five boxes of top shelf cigars for that price. Any other suggestions would be helpful. I'm sure I'll get an aristo at some point, but for now I think the Humidor will be the only thing in the room. Plus I would want the aristo to match whatever I end up putting in my smoking room.

Not really that big of a deal. You can find similar humidors on the devil site for cheaper and not be forced to buy the Oasis. Depending on where you live, the Oasis could be unneeded, I don't even use the Hydra in my cabinet. :tu

Also, hope you like moving heavy things, or have someone to help you because they will put it in the driveway and it is yours from there.

Not really that big of a deal. You can find similar humidors on the devil site for cheaper and not be forced to buy the Oasis. Depending on where you live, the Oasis could be unneeded, I don't even use the Hydra in my cabinet. :tu

Also, hope you like moving heavy things, or have someone to help you because they will put it in the driveway and it is yours from there.

I do need a humidifier. And moving big things is no problem.

I don't want to make it seem like they are bad. However I was over at my friends house when they dropped off his 3000 count. Problem was they would not drop it off. We had to remove it from the truck or pay the driver another 100 dollars. I was looking on the website and it does say it does not offer curbside without paying for it. So make sure you talk to your hummi company before you are done with your buy. It is a good price seeing I have found others that are 3000 almost same size with what looks like the same features for hundreds more. Like from Cheaphumidors.com they have the Verona Cabinet that is 599.99 and looks just like the one you are looking at. Just my :2 My friend is now talking about opening up a Cigar Bar LOL. I told him it would take more then just that. Also ask to make sure your Hummi has outlets inside already for your humidifier. I will add if it don't I would pay the extra and get the Verona. I was looking on your site and it doesn't say that it comes with one. I feel that it is really important seeing it really needs a good seal.

James.

However I was over at my friends house when they dropped off his 3000 count. Problem was they would not drop it off. We had to remove it from the truck or pay the driver another 100 dollars.

The truck driver wanted $100 to help move the cabinet inside? What a blood sucker! I would not give him one penny tip for delivering it. That $100 is probably half his day's pay...

The truck driver wanted $100 to help move the cabinet inside? What a blood sucker! I would not give him one penny tip for delivering it. That $100 is probably half his day's pay...

Usually, the driver is required to get the cabinet off of the truck without any assistance from the receiver. If you get injured while helping him remove it from his truck, it is his companies liability. On the other hand, if you separately contract him to help you get in into your house, you may be liable.

Usually, the driver is required to get the cabinet off of the truck without any assistance from the receiver. If you get injured while helping him remove it from his truck, it is his companies liability. On the other hand, if you separately contract him to help you get in into your house, you may be liable.

Yes, I understand that, thanks. $100 to move it from the street into the house is way too much. $20 would be more appropriate. I paid $15 to move my Aristocrat into my living room.

A cigar and a $20.00 got mine in the den for me. :tu

A cigar and a $20.00 got mine in the den for me. :tu

I can do one better... I was out of town on business when mine arrived at the local B&M and one of my buddies picked it up and delivered it for free...unpacked it... and even put a couple bowls of water to start seasoning... lol...

He is a fellow board member too... Gotta love the community. I tried to give him some free hemi maduros but he insisted on trading for them too... :r

I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but I personally don't want to trust thousands of dollars in cigars to a "bargain" or "cheap" humidor. I'm not putting down this product, in fact I have to experience with it. It could be fine. I just want to protect my investment with something I know is quality. Something that will last for years, and that I can even pass down later in life.

Since this is how I feel about it, I went with an Aristocrat end table. I couldn't be more happy with my decision. I'll have to put off a few boxes for now, but in the long run to me it's worth it.
Just my :2

Buyer Beware!!! A freight company is only required to Tail gate the product. Additional items, ie liftgate or in house are extras and need to be arranged in advance. This is a big difference from `truck load` where we are required to get it off the truck at the dock. Ask Rottenzombie , I bet he`s got some good stories.:chk

Just to clarify, I will be receiving this to a loading dock. I own a furniture store.

When we receive freight, the driver is supposed to be able to bring the freight from the front of the trailer to the rear without help. Of course, everything is heavy so we help because we don't want anything to get broken. Some freight carriers don't want our employees on their truck, no matter what. Those carriers cite liability.

I wouldn't want to order anything to my house via common carrier. They wouldn't be able to get up my driveway and I'm sure that they wouldn't care about it.

Buyer Beware!!! A freight company is only required to Tail gate the product. Additional items, ie liftgate or in house are extras and need to be arranged in advance. This is a big difference from `truck load` where we are required to get it off the truck at the dock. Ask Rottenzombie , I bet he`s got some good stories.:chk
:tpd: he is right, but I ran a moving company for 8 years and anything that happens in the truck, ie somebody throwing their back out, or falling of the end of the truck is the companies responsibility (I do live in California, so it could be different in other states). I would think it would be in their best interest to take the merchandise off the truck to avoid the lilability.:2

RE the humidor: A friend of mine has one just like it (not sure if same brand or not), he had a devil of a time getting the humidity right on all the levels.
RE delivery: I paid the driver $40 to haul mine (Aristocrat end table) up stairs in my house.

Here is a picture of mine:

Humidor-1.jpg

It is similar to what you are looking at and I know others on the board have what you are looking at. Mine does have the outlets built in. These are all made in China. I like mine but they are far from perfect. When it arrives it will not hold humidity well. I had to add weatherstripping and I had to seal the outlet with silicone and air it out for a long time before I could start using the humi. Now it seems to work fine, it was more work than a 3k humi, but it was a lot cheaper as well. One more thing is that you have to be very careful with placement because of the glass door, the sun will cook all of your smokes.

:tpd: CBSMOKIN what is in the Milk jug???? Non of my business I know just thought I would ask. Nice cabinet.

James.

It's an old picture and I used to keep my distilled water jug in there to take up negative space. Now I am completely full and considering a cooler so the jug is long gone.

Damn this slope.

Back