Cheaper Cigars

Todd-VT

Newbie in the jungle
I've been smoking cigars for under a year now. I buy a lot of samplers and it never fails that the most expensive cigars (for my budget) in the sampler are my favorite (Rocky Patel Connecticut, Perdomo Reserve Golf, Gurkha Symphony). Are there any cheaper cigars that can compare to these or are the "cheap" ones cheap for a reason?

I second the Padrons.
I really like the Padron Delicias, and for $3 a piece, can't be beat.
Also try Sancho Panza and Flor de Oliva.

Generally speaking though, if you get accustomed to the $10+ smokes, it'll be hard to completely enjoy an under $5 cigar.
:2

Check out cigarbid.com. You can get more expensive smokes for alot less.

CBid's gotten stupid lately.
There's a 5 pack of Oliva 'V' Double Robusto currently being bid for $37!

On CI it's only $26, even if you account for the $5 shipping from CI, it's still only $31.

About the only thing you can get "cheap" on CBid are CI specific RP blends and CI specific Gurkha blends.

Oh, I just noticed tha OP is asking about RP Connecticuts, those are CI specific. I think you can still get a decent price on those on CBid.

I realized I didn't actually answer the OP's question. So to chime in on other's suggestions, another cigar that I've been enjoying lately is the Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon.

You can get these retail for about $4/cigar (robusto size). And if you're really, REALLY patient, you can still get them on CBid for around $3 (I think).

The Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 is also decent, but wasn't as good as the 1916 (at least to me).

And of course, with CBid/CI, you can also try the 5 Vegas Classic/Gold. The Gold is similiar in profile with the Gurkha Symphony. And being 5 Vegas, they are very common and very inexpensive on CBid.

Since you like Gurkha Symphony and RP Connecticut I think you will like 5 Vegas Gold. They can be found on C-bid, (as well as Cigar International and cigar.com). The Robustos usually retail for around $50 per box of 20 but the average price on C-Bid, (acording to CHIMP) has been about $33.23.

5 Vegas Gold is my everyday, go-to cigar and I buy the other two on C-Bid when I can get them for less than $3.00 per stick.

Since you like Gurkha Symphony and RP Connecticut I think you will like 5 Vegas Gold. They can be found on C-bid,

Yup you are right on the money, I do like the 5 Vegas Gold's and am bidding on a couple lots on C-Bid, thanks.

Back