Cigar Chopped in 2 & Smoke From Inside Out: Experience?

ky toker

Chestbeating Pack Leader
So I was heading to a late softball game last night and grabbed an Edge for the trip. I figured I only had around 40min to smoke before I needed to prep for the game & the toro would need more time than that, so I took the cutter down past half way and chopped it in two. I smoked the large half on the way and the nub on the way back home.

A quick look and decision of which end to burn I thought the cut end had a high percentage chance for the wrapper to unravel, so I placed the foot in my mouth and torched the opposite end. What followed seemed to be a slightly different smoking experience than the last few Edge's I've ashed. I noticed it right from the start and had to ponder on the fact that I wasn't smoking it in the manner it was created for.

So is it possible to have a different smoking experience, not perceived or psychological, by smoking the cigar from the opposite direction as intended?

The stalk of many plants are more nutrient rich than the leaves as they take nourishment from the ground to feed while the leaves are soaking up more of the sun. Would it be correct to think that the bottom part of the leaf is more dense in nutrients, chemical compounds and moisture? I would believe that the leaves are prepped, cut, and lay to roll in the same configuration, so bottom of all leaves would be on the same end of the cigar. Thus a possible chance of difference from end to end. [Maybe this is why there is a sweet spot.]

I know several people here do the same, there are chemically smart people on here as well, and just opinions in general, so how do you weigh in on this?

Thanks guys/gals,
ken_sig.jpg

Some cigars are blended to taste different throughout their length as they are smoked. A little bit more ligero here, a little more seco here, that kind of thing.
Maybe that's what you experienced. I thought that it would have unwrapped and been unsmokeable.
Che recommended in his book to cut cigars into small plugs and smoke them in a pipe to conserve tobacco when out in the field inciting the locals.
He must of experienced something very different from what the cigar blender had in mind.
I think I'll give what you did a try.:ss

the closest I have ever come to this involves a Monte White Churchill....
I smoked all but 3 inches of it and wanted to save it for later (it was expensive!) so I cut off the burning end, blew through the resulting nub and put it in a plastic baggie, then into my car overnight.

My poor car.... smelled like wet stale monte for sooo long...
That poor cigar... I've never experienced anything like its stench - no I didn't smoke it!:ss

Back