CigarBid Fun Fact?

blackey73

Young Chimp
Is it common knowledge that CigarBid is really CI? Noticed they have the same address. I'm new to cb, that's why I ask.

My favorite is how they won't even sell stuff like Opus, Anejo, PAM 80th, Tat blacks, etc. in their stores to loyal customers like myself. They rather auction them and get 5X what they are worth. I guess smart buisness but very frustrating.

I was under the impression that Cigarbid was run somewhere out of Area 57 but was skeptical. Thanks for putting my fears to rest.

CBID, the only place I see bids for higher than suggested retail price. I shake my head all the time when I see people biding just to win. :r

I shake my head all the time when I see people biding just to win. :r

"Win." Gotta wonder who convinced folks that buying stuff made you a winner. Ever go into Walmart and feel like you won a loaf of bread, a pair of pants and a car battery?

Oh it goes beyond that. The same Swedish company that owns CI / cbid is the company that owns general tobacco. The sixth largest tobaccos comany in the world. And maker of many brands of cigars.

Ah, yes. After further investigation it appears that CI has quite the history.

CI was Started by an ancient descendant of Geoffrey De Charney, a Templar Knight. De Charney was thought to have found the Shroud of Turin. Turned out what he had actually discovered was a maduro tobacco leaf.

His quest for the holy grail was sidetracked after he learned of the goodness of the maduro leaf. He spent the rest of his days smoking primitive cigars until he fell asleep with one in his mouth and perished in a devastating blaze.

Anyhoo, his cigar interest was continued by his grandson who begat some others and boom, CI was born.

CBID, the only place I see bids for higher than suggested retail price. I shake my head all the time when I see people biding just to win. :r

Somebody has to pay to keep the place open so the rest of us can get some great deals, I suppse.

Back