Colibri Firebird = Piece of Junk

elderboy02

SilverBack
I bought a Colibri Firebird lighter. This thing is a piece of junk. It sparks, but doesn't light. I tried decreasing/increasing the flame output, bleeding the butane out of it, refilling it and it still doesn't work. :mad: I guess I have to send it back to those punks along with 7.50 to get it fixed. I got it the other day from cheaphumidors.com.

I ordered a Xikar from cigarsinternational.com and it works every time! :D

Colibri is the worst

I never had one that didn't need repair and then they just break again--and I do use Good fuel

My Firebird is two years old and still going strong. Rarely does it even fail to light on the first spark. Only use Vector in it, but everyone uses good fuel, so I just got lucky apparently.

My Firebird is two years old and still going strong. Rarely does it even fail to light on the first spark. Only use Vector in it, but everyone uses good fuel, so I just got lucky apparently.

Yep, a dependable Colibri is lucky indeed in my experience.

Try forcing the butane back through the "burner" (where the flame comes out). Just a quick splash. You may need to do it more than once. That helps alot of the time, for me. But I would agree, Colibri has alot of problems with alot of different lighters.

:tpd: I bought a firebird about 2 years ago as well from walmart. I think it was 10 bucks and still fires every time. Funny thing is for about the first year I only used ronson fuel in it. No problems :tu I use it as my back up lighter in my car.

Still my favorite of all, I loose it I got 3 or 5 or 7 of them laying around and I don't care if it breaks there cheap and they usualy don't break I loose them

:tpd:These are one of the best investments. At 5 bucks a pop who cares if they break of you misplace them. I haven't had one break yet FWIW

Honest to God, no trolling here - I really want to know how it is that every 5th thread in this forum is about how this or that Colibri sucks - yet I have never had a problem with any of my 6 Colibri's.

And that includes a Triplex and a Trifecta, each of which were over $100 - plus other Coli's that were either giveaways with purchase or cheapies that I've bought here and there.

Don't get me wrong - my best lighter IMO is my Dupont X-tend. And I have an assortment of other lighters that I like as well, including a Blue Rhino that I think might outlive me.

But really the only lighters that have given me problems are the "Deal-Extreme Specials" that were cheap to begin with and have done nothing to rise above their station.

Is it because from day one nothing but triple-refined (at MINIMUM - nowadays I use Vector or Lava) ever went into them?

Same here! Just realized I've had another cheapie Colibri for some time (my wife has been using it and i completely forgot about it), so it makes it 3 with the oldest being over 9 years old by now. Guess its pure luck...

Never had a problem with any of my 5 Colibri lighters, including two Firebirds. In fact, one of those is likely to be the lighter I pick up most often. I don't know if everyone but me has problems or if I am just using the right butane, but it lights everytime. :tu :2

I have a Firebird that works OK. Sometimes takes a few clicks to light. Can never tell when it's out of gas though as it has no level window, so I always carried backup matches. Had to refill it pretty frequently.

Then I got a Blazer...

It's not that my Firebird was "bad". Rather it isn't nearly as reliable/functional/nice/etc as my Blazer.

:2

-Pete

I have a Firebird that works OK. Sometimes takes a few clicks to light. Can never tell when it's out of gas though as it has no level window, so I always carried backup matches. Had to refill it pretty frequently.

Then I got a Blazer...

It's not that my Firebird was "bad". Rather it isn't nearly as reliable/functional/nice/etc as my Blazer.

:2

-Pete

Gonna get one of those someday.

Honest to God, no trolling here - I really want to know how it is that every 5th thread in this forum is about how this or that Colibri sucks - yet I have never had a problem with any of my 6 Colibri's.

And that includes a Triplex and a Trifecta, each of which were over $100 - plus other Coli's that were either giveaways with purchase or cheapies that I've bought here and there.

Don't get me wrong - my best lighter IMO is my Dupont X-tend. And I have an assortment of other lighters that I like as well, including a Blue Rhino that I think might outlive me.

But really the only lighters that have given me problems are the "Deal-Extreme Specials" that were cheap to begin with and have done nothing to rise above their station.

Is it because from day one nothing but triple-refined (at MINIMUM - nowadays I use Vector or Lava) ever went into them?

My old Nibo has never failed me but when I bought an additional 5 off a vendor on Ebay...they sucked. Hey the old Nibo was a cheap-o lighter in the 1st place but the replacement/identical or so I thought one's I bought were trash. Just wonder how many pretty knock-offs are being sent our way.

Hey Joe...when does the Dupont go on the auction block? :D

My old Nibo has never failed me but when I bought an additional 5 off a vendor on Ebay...they sucked. Hey the old Nibo was a cheap-o lighter in the 1st place but the replacement/identical or so I thought one's I bought were trash. Just wonder how many pretty knock-offs are being sent our way.

Hey Joe...when does the Dupont go on the auction block? :D

NEVER! :D

Back