Coming to terms with my Neanderthal pallette

Major Captain Silly

Poker for the troops
So, last night I had a Padilla 1932 toro as my opening cigar of the evening. It was okay for me. Not bad but not great. I followed it up with a Legends Orange Label (Rocky Patel). I loved it. It was everything I look for in a cigar. I am a cave man and I'm okay.

MCS

I hadn't tried the RP legends yet; may have to pick one up now. First Legend series I had was DPG; didn't know it was a series with lot of different rollers, but may have to try them all now.

I hadn't tried the RP legends yet; may have to pick one up now. First Legend series I had was DPG; didn't know it was a series with lot of different rollers, but may have to try them all now.

Yup, each label is a different roller. Most of the major rollers are represented. Check it out, its like a "one stop shop"

It was an early spring day a few years ago and I decided to open the window wide, let the fresh balmy air sweep in off a western breeze and smoke a cigar in the study. I chose an RP Vintage 1990 Toro, a cigar always dependable and enjoyable to me at the time. As I cut and torched the foot I already could taste the beginning of an exceptional smoking experience. What transpired over the next hour or so was one of the most memorable cigars I have ever smoked - wave after wave of sweet,rich leathery cigar heaven. I was mesmerized by a perfectly ordinary cigar that somehow had achieved the supreme moment in time it's maker had intended for it. Cigar smoking is not the sum total of other peoples opinions - it is what happens to you each and every time you choose to smoke a particular cigar and when the gods smile - well you don't argue you just let it unfold. The cigars have no clue about what kind of palette you bring!:)

So, last night I had a Padilla 1932 toro as my opening cigar of the evening. It was okay for me. Not bad but not great. I followed it up with a Legends Orange Label (Rocky Patel). I loved it. It was everything I look for in a cigar. I am a cave man and I'm okay.

MCS

^^^^^^^^^

Well put!!! I like your comment about cigar smoking not being the sum total of others opinions. It sounds like the RP was the perfect cigar, congrats.

MCS

Com'on cavemen are extinct, you must be a smokus erectus :chk

It's ok cavemen are people too!!!
caveman.jpg

Back