Could your lighter survive this?

muziq

More, more, more
I've been largely happy with my ST Dupont Xtend; aside from some testiness in cold weather/air, when it doesn't like to fire, it's been the most consistent and appealing lighter I've used. Nice to look at, easy lighting action, and a large tank.

While preparing to head out the door yesterday afternoon to herf with the guys, I was starting to pack my gear: lighter, Palio, cell phone, keys, etc. Just before I head out the door, I see a huge taco grease stain on my pants. "What would the guys think of me if I showed up looking like the Taco Bell dog just splooged all over my pants?!" I quickly changed my pants, and tossed the stained ones in the wash, which my gf had just started.

Halfway out the door, I do a quick check of my pockets:

*Palio - check
*cell phone - check
*keys - check
*wallet - check
*lighter - .... Lighter? .... LIGHTER?

:c

I dashed out to the washer only to find that the agitator had already pulled them under to the bottom of the washer. After managing to unwrap them--and my arm--from what I'm calling the Auger of Death, I pulled out the Xtend and it was SOAKED. Suds and all.

:c :gn :mad:

I found my gf's hairdryer and hit that Xtend with everything it had, feeling pretty sure I would still be buying another Xtend after ruining this one.

Five minutes later...click...click...click...FLAME!

The feeling I had at that point was comparable only to one other instance--the time I was able to confirm that the condom, in fact, did NOT break.

Summary: get an Xtend and don't look back :D

I've been largely happy with my ST Dupont Xtend; aside from some testiness in cold weather/air, when it doesn't like to fire, it's been the most consistent and appealing lighter I've used. Nice to look at, easy lighting action, and a large tank.

While preparing to head out the door yesterday afternoon to herf with the guys, I was starting to pack my gear: lighter, Palio, cell phone, keys, etc. Just before I head out the door, I see a huge taco grease stain on my pants. "What would the guys think of me if I showed up looking like the Taco Bell dog just splooged all over my pants?!" I quickly changed my pants, and tossed the stained ones in the wash, which my gf had just started.

Halfway out the door, I do a quick check of my pockets:

*Palio - check
*cell phone - check
*keys - check
*wallet - check
*lighter - .... Lighter? .... LIGHTER?

:c

I dashed out to the washer only to find that the agitator had already pulled them under to the bottom of the washer. After managing to unwrap them--and my arm--from what I'm calling the Auger of Death, I pulled out the Xtend and it was SOAKED. Suds and all.

:c :gn :mad:

I found my gf's hairdryer and hit that Xtend with everything it had, feeling pretty sure I would still be buying another Xtend after ruining this one.

Five minutes later...click...click...click...FLAME!

The feeling I had at that point was comparable only to one other instance--the time I was able to confirm that the condom, in fact, did NOT break.

Summary: get an Xtend and don't look back

:r I hope the auger of death wasn't involved in that instance. Glad your lighter stood the test. I really like the looks of the xtends and maybe someday I will get one, but right now I rather spend the money on cigars when I can.

I have heard of them surviving a full wash cycle and dryer. Great lighters!!!:tu

WOW! That is an amazing story! Almost unbelievable, really....

Your girlfriend does laundry? :ss

This is really funny because I have been spending this entire day debating on whether or not to buy this lighter. I have a question for ya, they say its a lazer flame, does that mean the switch is cutting a lazer like those chotchy colibris? If not is it just a conventional switch mechanism?

This is really funny because I have been spending this entire day debating on whether or not to buy this lighter. I have a question for ya, they say its a lazer flame, does that mean the switch is cutting a lazer like those chotchy colibris? If not is it just a conventional switch mechanism?

Conventional switch mechanism, the flame is just a standard torch type flame.

what an awesome story! From what I have read that lighter is unstoppable!

Did I read incorrectly? I didn't see an explanation of the Dog SH&* stain on your pants;) :D

I wash bic lighters weekly.. and the cheap torch I use when I leave the house has been washed 3 times.. give them time to dry and everyone has worked perfectly..

I wonder if I put my shit&* Colibri's through the wash they will start working again. Naaa probably not

I've had my Xtend for about 4-5 years now. I've washed and dried it numerous times. Dropped it quite a few times too. And I've NEVER had a problem with this lighter. If I add up how many $15 lighters I would have gone through within the same period of time, I would have more than paid for the lighter.

They seem to have gone up in price though. They retailed for $125 when I got mine (though I didn't pay that either).

what an awesome story! From what I have read that lighter is unstoppable!

Did I read incorrectly? I didn't see an explanation of the Dog SH&* stain on your pants;) :D

There are some things one must leave to the imagination, my friend :ss

Back