European Cigars?

Pipe&Cigar

Grape Ape
We all know the mass amounts of Cigars that come out of Central and South America... What about quality Cigars from the European areas, any out there worth hunting down?

Edit: After thinking a bit... Davidoff comes to mind from Switzerland!

Last edited:
We all know the mass amounts of Cigars that come out of Central and South America... What about quality Cigars from the European areas, any out there worth hunting down?

Edit: After thinking a bit... Davidoff comes to mind from Switzerland!

Are they rolled in Switzerland or the DR?

A long time ago when I wanted to treat myself to something nicer (more expensive) than what I usually smoked, I would get a Pleiades.

They are made by DuPont in France, and back then they were a nice, mild, quality smoke. Haven't had one in many years, though.

A long time ago when I wanted to treat myself to something nicer (more expensive) than what I usually smoked, I would get a Pleiades.

They are made by DuPont in France, and back then they were a nice, mild, quality smoke. Haven't had one in many years, though.

I actually have half a box of those left in the Cooledor. They have been there for about 2 1/2 years now. I wonder how they taste after the aging. They were pretty good as far as I remember but with age, maybe they'll be better.

Speaking of Dunhill...How are they?? Never tried one.

Dunhill "Altimiras" in an aluminum Tube was my very first cigar, I was told it was very mild so I bought 2 one for me and one for my hunting buddy (he turned it down), it didnt seem that mild at the time. I still have the one my buddy wouldn't smoke sitting in the Humi its been there for 2 years... Needless to say I must have liked it cause here I am! LOL

There is a new longfiller from france since about a year or so, Navarre.
It was not special Imo, it smelled like honey, but I found it to be quite bland, it did not develop troughout the whole cigar.

Don Fernando reviewed it and put a review on his blog: http://cigarblog.blog.com/2964768/

Back