My Colibri Lighter = Junk

hardcz

Lowland Gorilla
So I had this single torch Colibri lighter, loved it.....was sitting on a cyber herf yesterday, figure I'll touch up my stick......and the flip up cap comes off.....and it won't go back on...I'm like WTF!!!! So I get it to kinda go back on but it's totally wrecked...I could try to bend thing back and forth but yea.... I'm severely disappointed in this lighter and won't be wasting my money on any others from this brand again...I'm told to get one from Walmart...though I don't know if I can bring myself to go into that store...too many happy faces. Just wanted to share my experience and let down, and wondering if anyone else had any other similar issues.

Dan

Sorry to hear, Colibri = $$.

Ronson from Wally World is only $3.95 and works like a champ!!! Worth a trip into the happy faces :)

T-

Yup when first got into Cigars I bought a Colibri, POS!!! Thing stinks, now I have a Z-Plus Zippo insert, a PB207, and several Ronson Jet Lites, all of them work like a charm!

Blazer lighers are very durable, have a great torch flame and have a huge fuel supply. There are a number of models if you don't like the PB-207. The CG-001 is the same internals as the PB-207 in a different case.
There is also the less expensive Venture and Stratus that are more traditional looking.

PB-207
CG-001
Venture
Stratus

Dave

aww man, I already put in my order Dave! Otherwise I'd have to probably get a lighter from you too.

Bought one Colibri lighter, never again. As others have stated, the PB207 rocks...I still use the same one I bought 3 years ago without a problem, and it lights about 100 cigars on one fill.

The best Colibris are the cheap Firebirds. They don't die near as easy as the higher priced models, imo. But I still wouldn't buy one. :r

Have had a firebird for two years and it has never failed to light unless the mix is off from refilling. I think I even fixed Rob's if it is still working. I guess I got lucky with mine, knock on wood.

Bought a Colibri (higher end one, a hefty stainless steel model) back in '98. Works just fine, still. Just bought another one, a 3 jet one this time around, a few months back, works like a charm as well (although can't fine another one like that since, no other shop carries this particular model). Not sure if this is simply luck... Using mostly Blazer/Vector fuel, though. But did fill up the new purchase with cheap Ronson fuel (the only thing I could find on Miami Beach vacation) and still works fine.

Been using Blazers since '96, they are simply unreal in every way and work without fail. For the price they are unbeatable, IMO.

JR's store in Manhattan had some cheap, Chinese made, triple torchers last year at $4 a piece, bought 2 and am mad now I didn't buy a whole bunch. Great lighters, work great, hold plenty of fuel. Wish I could buy more, but so far could not find any on JR's web site nor internet. Oh well...

I am going to try that Ronson in wally world... what section of the store is it in? I have looked briefly before and never found them

I am going to try that Ronson in wally world... what section of the store is it in? I have looked briefly before and never found them
They're around the cig section at the front of the store...at least all of the ones I've been in :tu

My Colibri experience is hit or miss. I had a CEO several years ago that lasted almost 5 years before it wore out. I sent it in to Colibri and they sent me a letter saying that they couldn't fix it and the sent me a new lighter although not a CEO it was still nice. I had a Quantum dual flame that I dearly loved until I lost it somewhere, Also an awesome lighter. Since then it has been hit and miss with Colibri for me. The good ones are outstanding the bad ones are junk and there seems to be no middle ground.

I have recently picked up a couple of Xikar's and couldn't be happier. My only complaint is with one and that is I wish that it held more fluid so I wouldn't have to refill it so often.

Michael

Ive actually had a firebird, it worked okay until I tried to refill it, I even used the Lava butane which is suppose to be good, but it never worked well after that. I emptied it and filled it again to see if thatd work, nope! I love my trusty Ronson :w
biggrin.gif
:ss

Back