My father and the 2:30 a.m. call

weak_link

Lowland Gorilla
Got the call to meet my dad, one week from his 70th, at the hospital. He had just had a stroke and couldn't feel his right arm. After many tests it was determined that it was 'just' a tia stroke which will not leave any permanent damage but is an indicator of a major stroke to come if adjustments in his meds and lifestyle are not made.
Just finishing up a Perdomo Champagne and reflecting on the morning. I wasn't scared then but I'm scared now. People talk about heros and my dad is my hero. I don't want him to go anywhere. Please say a prayer or think good thoughts, send good vibes, whatever you are into. His name is Leo and is the kind of man your father always wanted you to grow up and be.

To top is off my wife lost someone very near and dear to her last week. Not sure what's going on out there but I wish it would stop.

Stay strong for your father and your wife. Have faith that our prayers can do wonders. I have seen that power on this group before.

I'm sure that was scary Eric. Your dad and family are in our thoughts and prayers. Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been and your dad got a little warning of what could come so he can make the adjustments he needs to.

Eric, I've been told the man upstairs never gives us more than we can handle. I know you've had a rough patch these last few weeks or so, and I will definitely keep you & your family in my prayers.

Wow bro, not the kind of call anyone likes to receive. Glad things are ok for now. My thoughts and prayers go out for Leo and your family.

Prayers sent.:tu Enjoy as much time with him as you can now. I try to see my father at least 3-4 times a week. We sit on the front porch with some cigas and convo. I bring him coffee every morning even if Im not drinking. Time is all he's asking for.

Thanks to everyone for posts, it's very, very much appreciated right now.

After dropping my daughter off at the sitter, I immediately lit up a Graycliff Professional and took the time to realize this was just a warning shot and much can be done to help the situation.

Got a call from the hospital expecting to hear pops was on his way home. Nope, tests delayed but they discovered huge swings in his blood thinning medicine and suspect that was the catalyst for the tia. This can easily be monitored, and I like to think, prevent further episodes.

Lets hope they don't find anything in his noggin and we're home free.

Seriously, thanks. This place is incredibly welcoming to a relative noobie around these parts.
:)

Back