Pretty sure I just pulled a tobacco beetle out of my mouth...

SmokeyJoe

Elder Jungle Leader
Has this happened to you?

Was given a smoke by a friend recently purchased at a shop we frequent. Anyway, halfway through I felt something hard on my tongue (a tobacco stem, maybe?) and pulled it out. Looked a lot like this:

tobacco_beetle.jpg

First time for me... killed it and kept on smoking. But I couldn't help but think about that old "X-Files" where the guy had cigarettes whose smoke produced tobacco beetles in other peoples lungs!

Hey Tom... I think my lungs itch.
:D

Has this happened to you?

Was given a smoke by a friend recently purchased at a shop we frequent. Anyway, halfway through I felt something hard on my tongue (a tobacco stem, maybe?) and pulled it out. Looked a lot like this:

tobacco_beetle.jpg

First time for me... killed it and kept on smoking. But I couldn't help but think about that old "X-Files" where the guy had cigarettes whose smoke produced tobacco beetles in other peoples lungs!

Hey Tom... I think my lungs itch.
:D

Holy crap Joe....that must have one BIG cigar for that to fit in! ;) :r

:r Yeah... guess I should have seen it coming... and felt the ground shake. "Tobaccobeetlus Rex" - from when Tobacco Beetles rules the Earth! :D

The Tobaccobeetlus Rex were the main reasons the dinosaurs went extinct....bad to scratch those dino butts with those razor sharp talons. ;)

Perhaps my cartoon brain is getting on in years but when I read the thread title this is what I saw. :D

"Hey Smokey watch me pull a beetle out of my mouth."

rocky_and_bullwinkle.jpg

That's some sick Sh*t! I wonder if they pop inside once the heat gets to them???? It would be kinda like a seed.... Oh wait, cigars dont have seeds. :w

You killed it? You FOOL! That was the plume fairy. He flies around the world sprinkling his fairy dust from his butt. First the Easter bunny, now this... Next you're going to tell me that Moki really isn't Santa!

You killed it? You FOOL! That was the plume fairy. He flies around the world sprinkling his fairy dust from his butt. First the Easter bunny, now this... Next you're going to tell me that Moki really isn't Santa!
Why was my first thought when you said Plume Fairy seeing Elton John in his feather outfit?:chk:chk

Hey Tom... I think my lungs itch. :D

Everytime the beetle discussion comes up I think about that episode.

Why was my first thought when you said Plume Fairy seeing Elton John in his feather outfit?:chk:chk

I'm glad I'm too young to know what that looks like. That's not a call for pics!:r

So is this the new theory of why the dinosaurs are no longer around? The beetle killed off all their cigar supplies?:ss

That's CRAZY!! I would have freaked out. Was there a beetle hole in the wrapper?

I imagine it was running from the heat of the lit end and popped out the head into your mouth. :pu

Back