Rocky Patel Fusion Blue Label

brigey

WAR EAGLE!
I just read a review on the Rocky Patel Fusion Blue Label cigar and I'm intrigued on the flavor described in the review (see link below). My only concern are some of the items that I have heard other BOTL here at CS note about the quality control that Rocky is having with some of the RP cigars. See the link for the comments and photos: http://mulley32.wordpress.com/2008/06/14/rocky-patel-fusion-blue-label/

What bothers me more is that I have not been displeased with any of the RPs that I have purchased and smoked. However, because of the reviews that I have been reading I do not feel comfortable on investing a lot of money in cigars that will not be worth anything while they are left to age.

I welcome any comments with your personal experiences you have with any of the RP cigars and the possible quality control issues mentioned in the review.

Thanks. :confused:

Personally i love them,if you are unsure buy a fiver then make your decision,but like you said if you have never had a bad Rocky than this will surely satisfy you.:chk

I dont think ive had a blue label yet, but every rocky ive had has been great. I mostly smoke the vintage, decade, OWR, ITC split decision. Never had a quality control problem with any of them. Once a decade had some burn issues, but i had a few drinks and that might have had something to do with it.

Just fired up one of these. These are a very good, consistent smoke that I like going to when I know I'll get some great flavor. Nice late night treat!

I got some from Cigars International last week. The wrapper on the first one started to unravel about a third of the way through the smoke. That said, I fired that one up the day the order arrived, which probably wasn't a good idea.

No problem with the flavor, though.

Just fired up one of these. These are a very good, consistent smoke that I like going to when I know I'll get some great flavor. Nice late night treat!

Thanks for the pitch. I think I pull the trigger. I like the RPs I've smoked and know that it is about the taste.:tu

I got some from Cigars International last week. The wrapper on the first one started to unravel about a third of the way through the smoke. That said, I fired that one up the day the order arrived, which probably wasn't a good idea.

No problem with the flavor, though.

Love the flavor. Hate the quality. Kept 10 I got in a Joe's Deal under ideal conditions for about a year and the binders and wrappers were crap. Would never buy another one - way too fragile - but love most all of Rocky's other stuff.

I bought a box of the Fusion lanceros and they do have a very distinct taste and so far the construction has been great, no draw issues at all.

Try the double maduro version also. It is a real good smoke.:w

:tpd::tpd:

I have to say that the RP double maduro is the best of the fusion series.

It's not much stronger than the "blue label" / fusion and much creamier and smoother. It's my favorite smoke right now...
:ss:ss:ss

I like most of RP's stuff, but the Fusion just didn't do it for me. The few I smoked burned and drew perfectly but I just didn't care for the flavor. I say get a fiver and give them a try before going for a whole box.

I just got a sampler of the fusion line from CI and I had the same problem as in that review. Other than the wrapper flaking a bit I really enjoyed the smoke

Back