Ronson JetLight

This WAS the best lighter I ever had. Unfortunately I had no idea you couldn't bring these on carry on luggage on planes, and it got confiscated in LAX. Walmart used to sell them, now for some reason they don't. I've been looking all over and can't find a JetLight anywhere. Who carries them now?

thanks

I'm in the same boat. I have 2. Should have bought all walmart had...the last time I went they weren't selling them. Too bad the Ronson website is nearly twice as expensive as what walmart sold them for...

I'm in the same boat. I have 2. Should have bought all walmart had...the last time I went they weren't selling them. Too bad the Ronson website is nearly twice as expensive as what walmart sold them for...
Yeah but they are still just over $5 each with free shipping on orders ovr $20; I ordered 4 last week.

This WAS the best lighter I ever had. Unfortunately I had no idea you couldn't bring these on carry on luggage on planes, and it got confiscated in LAX. Walmart used to sell them, now for some reason they don't. I've been looking all over and can't find a JetLight anywhere. Who carries them now?

thanks
You should have been able to keep a lighter on your person or carry on luggage! The new airline code states this! I just got back from a flight last week, and they gave me no problems when I took my cigars, cutter, and lighters all packed in my travel aluminum case for carry-on. I would protest!!!

You should have been able to keep a lighter on your person or carry on luggage! The new airline code states this! I just got back from a flight last week, and they gave me no problems when I took my cigars, cutter, and lighters all packed in my travel aluminum case for carry-on. I would protest!!!

You still can't have butane torch lighters. You only get to carry on standard lighters.

This is all new to me. I'm taking a flight in July. So I can carry my sticks and cutter in a carry on stainless steel travel humidor, but I can't carry my Ronson torch lighter? Did I get that right? Do I have to leave it at home or can I pack it? Thanks.

I had one break today, had been using one forever, found 2 more at walmart.

And there i am, talking smack to some guy with a bic about my value buy ultimate windproof reliable ronson, and the piezo ignitor shot its wad.

Upon autopsy i find failed plastic on the internal piezoelectric crystal lattice refractional lever.

Typical.

Oh well, still worth the money.

If you want to take a torch lighter with you, you need to get a Colibri Trans Pak. This will allow you to carry a lighter in your checked luggage. I have seen these available at Atlantic and CI. They run about $14.

Re: OK to take torch lighter in checked luggage!

You may carry a torch in an approved case, (Colibri makes one), however it must be in checked luggage. I have not been able to verify that his is applicable on international flights.

Colibri Tranzpack TSA and DOT Approved Airline Torch Lighter Case

Do a google search to find a link.

Re: OK to take torch lighter in checked luggage!

Just wanted to correct this! I did some additional searches and it seems contradictory. Several places I read that the Transpack would allow you to take fueled torch lighters on board, but the TSA says only soft flame lighters, (not torches). So I would like to correct my previous post to say according to TSA torches are not allowed, even in the Transpack. If I were going to test this theory I certainly wouldn't do it with a good torch.

You may carry a torch in an approved case, (Colibri makes one), however it must be in checked luggage. I have not been able to verify that his is applicable on international flights.

Colibri Tranzpack TSA and DOT Approved Airline Torch Lighter Case

Do a google search to find a link.

Back