school me, on corojo

rayray812

Young Ape
hi all been smoking 12 or so years... in perhaps for the last 8yrs nothing but maduro.... in fact im a sucker for any strong maduro... now that i realize there is a bunch of smokers out there... i want some insights.

are maduro wrappers taming my smokes????? i want to try other wrappers, but i like a real "strong (good tasting) smoke...

so recomend some good tasting "headbangers" and throw some wrapper pointers my way....

is there life beyond maduro????????......

ray

I love me a good corojo... you must try the Gran Habano #5

And yes....there is life beyond maduros....lots of it.

Start buying some samplers and give them all a try.

If stronger cigars suit you try La Flor Dominca's blends, Pepin's blends, and Joya de Nicaragua.

Tabaclera Tropical has some very good corojo wrapped cigars.

Some of my favorites are: Mombacho (not only is it wrapped in corojo it is also triple ligero)

Condega Corojo (100% corojo; wrapper,binder,filler. The corojo comes from 3 different regions in Nicaragua; Condega, Jalapa, and Esteli)

JFR (Just For Retailers, there is also a JFC which is for catalogers. Great cigar IMO.

Cacique Miami (Sun grown corojo, great price on these around 50 buck a box.)

Factory Direct Corojo ( For the budget corojo smoker, Holts has a bundle of 20 for 29.99...worth it IMO.

Have fun discovering the wonderful world of Corojo!

I just got off my Maduro kick a few months back and have been smoking alot of Corojo since then, give them a shot :ss

I love me a good corojo... you must try the Gran Habano #5

And yes....there is life beyond maduros....lots of it.

Start buying some samplers and give them all a try.

:tpd:

I just hit for a box of 20 #5's on cbid = ~$21 :)

Corojo = Tasty

Camancho Corojo = yummy

A touch of spice on the tounge but good.

In fact PM me and I'll send you a Gran Habano #5 and a Camancho Corojo Maduro.

PS - The Perdomo Habano Corojo is another outstanding corojo. Right up there with the Camacho. About the same price range.

PS - The Perdomo Habano Corojo is another outstanding corojo. Right up there with the Camacho. About the same price range.

I like them both, and agree they are both flavorful.
The Camacho is a much fuller bodied cigar, though. :2

I used to be a nothing but maduro guy as well. I'd definitely suggest delving into the corojo as well. I did and its given me a ton of new smokes I love. Pepins are probably the first thing I'd look into outside of maduros. I also second the camacho corojo. RP OWR Corojos are good too.

Back