Serrico Beetle Traps

DonnieW

Rookie S.O.B.
Now that summer is slowly winding down, I think it's safe to say the temperature will start dropping here. In one of my first ever threads at CS, I mentioned I had moved my humidor from the basement to my office - simply because I like how it looks. Unfortunately, the equipment in my office keeps the temperature around 80 degrees almost constatly - sometimes as high as 90 degrees. Fearful of beetle infestation, and hesitant of deep freezing my sticks, I went in on a group buy of the Serrico Beetle Traps. I figured one per summer should be good enough, at least for the hottest time period. The rest of the year finds my office between 60-70 degrees. So cautiously optimistic, I planted the trap in my cabinet, moving it around from time to time. I am happy to report, no beetles were found in the trap and there was no indication of beetle infestation.

Moral of the story? Beats me, I guess I was lucky - but I'm glad I had some backup just in case. Just as I recommend PG all the time, I also think 5 bucks for a trap is cheap insurance.

Current temperature (yup 81 degrees in here)
Accumonitor_1.jpg

The Serrico Beetle Trap (cheap folding paper)
Serrico_1.jpg

There are two lures - food and sex (yes that's exactly what they are labelled). No 'johns' were caught
Serrico_2.jpg

Footnote: While I didn't catch any beetles, I did catch a fruit fly. This year fruit flies were pretty bad. That little bugger snuck in. While I don't know if the fruit fly would cause trouble, I slept better knowing the pheromones and food were working.

The fruit fly was probably attracted to the box of White Owl Peach you have in there...:D. Nice to see you had no beetles though.

Back