The loneliness of a cigar smoker.

You tell that "kid" to grow some nuts, quit shaving his chest and be a man goddamnit!!! :r

Oh well, I'd rather have Saint Luis Rey as my friend anyway LOL

XXX

I know the feeling.Last spring, I gave my 6'3" 260 lb Brother in Law a Boli Pc after dinner. He couldn't say enough good things about his 1st Cuban.About 15 minutes later he proceeded to puke his guts out. Now he won't touch em. Oh well, more for me!!!!

LasciviousXXX said:
You tell that "kid" to grow some nuts, quit shaving his chest and be a man goddamnit!!! :r

Oh well, I'd rather have Saint Luis Rey as my friend anyway LOL

XXX

The guy is close to my age (50) & is @ 6'/250#'s.:confused:

I thought that cigar was pretty mild.

Yeah they are real mild... maybe he's not a smoker..... at all

Its weird how some people react, Good thing you didn't give him anything stronger or you might have had to call an ambulance LOL

Thurm15 said:
I know the feeling.Last spring, I gave my 6'3" 260 lb Brother in Law a Boli Pc after dinner. He couldn't say enough good things about his 1st Cuban.About 15 minutes later he proceeded to puke his guts out. Now he won't touch em. Oh well, more for me!!!!

Oh God, Thurm, that's not what I want to hear! Tonight will be my first cuban, I plan on starting with a Cohiba Siglo VI with some age, and then possibly following up with a Boli PC that I've got (no idea on age though). Or maybe I'll just smoke that Cohiba, and follow it up with a nice NC.. I dunno.. Thoughts? Is starting with the Cohiba a bad thing? One gorilla told me that by starting with the Siglo VI, I'm gonna set too high of a standard for every other Cuban I smoke..

illuminatus said:
Oh God, Thurm, that's not what I want to hear! Tonight will be my first cuban, I plan on starting with a Cohiba Siglo VI with some age, and then possibly following up with a Boli PC that I've got (no idea on age though). Or maybe I'll just smoke that Cohiba, and follow it up with a nice NC.. I dunno.. Thoughts? Is starting with the Cohiba a bad thing? One gorilla told me that by starting with the Siglo VI, I'm gonna set too high of a standard for every other Cuban I smoke..

Here is one thought - based on my experience - if you are going to smoke more than one cigar in a night - you should start from the most mild and progress toward the most full bodied. Each cigar has something special to offer. But, if you move "down the ladder" in relative fullness of body - the more mild smokes may be overpowered by their stronger cousins and you might not have a opportunity to appreciate the offering.

Anyway - just a thought.:w

illuminatus said:

Keep your favorite soda at your side (not diet) & you should be fine. If you still start feeling woozy then eat a packet of granulated sugar.

I'm with Joed on this one Nicholas. It's very tempting to start with the super star cigar - but the Siglo VI is very powerful and it will take away from anything you smoke next. If anything, be sure to space the cigars out as much as you can.

kansashat said:
Keep your favorite soda at your side (not diet) & you should be fine. If you still start feeling woozy then eat a packet of granulated sugar.

lmao.. I haven't eaten the little packets of sugar in restaurants for... well.. at LEAST eight.. or maybe nine... months... :r So it seems the consensus would be to start with the Boli, give it some time, then smoke the Siglo... I think I'll just save my nice sticks (cuz I don't have too many), and just smoke the Siglo tonight... it's my first Cuban, I'll make it special by making it the only smoke tonight... I guess I gotta bring some other NCs just in case the other dude who's coming to the concert wants one..

kansashat said:
I gave a guy a Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta Churchill maduro the other day & it make him puke.

*sigh*:rolleyes:
Alan... But did he enjoy the smoke first or was it a complete waste of a good cigar?

I first thought with your thread title you were going lament how we, cigar smokers, are the pariahs of society...

I tell you I have had weird experiences with Torano cigars. I smoke and like full body cigars and I had a Casa Torano make me 1 step away from puking LOL.

I don't know why but it did and it was the only cigar ever to do this.

Tonight is gonna be a good night I like Illuminatus am smoking my first cuban for new years :)

Four years ago,at a family get together,my Brothers Brother in law was curious about what I was smoking,which was a La Gloria Sobrano.The nice guy I am I gave him one to try, not knowing the only Cigars he had smoked in the pass were Vanilla Swishers.He had a good old time puffing away,until about 5 minutes or so,his facial color turned a little pale,and proceeded to exhale,not smoke,if you get my drift.
He now is a Cigar Junkie,only smoking ISOM'S,after all that.:p

Well, I gave one of my bosses a Casa Toraño last night. I had to leave before he finised it. I hope that didn't make HIM puke:D . He is also a newbie to the cigar world.

kansashat said:
I gave a guy a Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta Churchill maduro the other day & it make him puke.

*sigh*:rolleyes:
That's just a natural part of becoming a cigar smoker (for some of us) I've prayed to the porcelain god before (after a padron) But, you get over it and you move on. Now I could smoke anything with a big old glass of castor oil now and not even burp. You just get past it. Live and learn I guess. :)

God said:
Alan... But did he enjoy the smoke first or was it a complete waste of a good cigar?

I first thought with your thread title you were going lament how we, cigar smokers, are the pariahs of society...

He smoked it all (almost ;) ). He said, "Boy, that black cigar you gave me the other day was strong! I smoked it & it made me toss my lunch!"

I said, "The one in the glass tube?"

He said, "Yeah, that's it."

Funny thing is, this guy is a regular cigar smoker, but usually smokes cheap machine mades like Swishers. He likes premiums, but I don't think he wants to take the time & effort to actually take care of them (he's the type that'll buy a box of Monte's & just throw em in a desk drawer).

The really weird thing is.......I've given this guy a Punch Elite maduro before & he loved it.

Some people act different to stuff. One time I smoked a LFD after a meal and it made me gag to where I was almost going to spew. I have no idea why though, I had been smoking for a year when that happened.

My evryday work cigar is faily mild so if I go to smoke a fairly full bodied premium and I don't relax and take my time with it I can end up with a pre-nausea head ache and I could see further problem. But there are tolerances built and there is and art to smoking that we all learn. And of course we all know that vice like drinking and smoking are going make ya puke every one in a while.

I've gotten sick twice and both times it was a RASS. I'm a candyholic (only hard candy, no chocolate) do I always keep candy next to me when I'm smoking, just in case. The first time I got sick, I ate some food and felt 100% better. It hasn't happened in awhile now so hopefully I'm past that stage. No more :pu for me!! LOL.

Back