What did I get myself into?

nothingclever

Young Chimp
I never smoked a cigar before 2 months ago. Then it was a month until I had another. Last week I bought a 40 count humi thinking it would be more than enough. It is on my porch at home waiting for me. I have 37 cigars waiting for it. What the heck is going on. This is ridiculous. I guess you are definately right when you say to imagine the largest amount of cigars you can ever think of owning and then double it. I figured I would own 50-100...EVENTUALLY. I had no idea how fast this would start and grow.

Frank

I started with a 40 count.

Then I got a 100 count, and even GAVE AWAY the 40 count, thinking I would never need anything bigger than a 100 count.

I still have that 100 count humidor. It sits on top of my 2 Vinotemp 28 bottle wine fridgerdors, which sit right next to my 48 qt coolerdor.

PS. Where in MI are you? We are planning a Kalamazoo herf Sept 20th.

PPS. Don't get any more humidors. You WILL outgrow them. Get a cooler and some beads to hold you until you are ready to buy a BIG humidor. Just my advice. If I had saved all the money I spent on Vinotemps, temp controllers, etc. I could have had a huge cabinet humi by now.

Trust me, you're just getting started. Buy something very large to store your future purchases in. Try smoking/buying singles and 5 packs, as your tastes will change drastically in the future. Have fun with your new hobby/obsession!! :tu

Heh.
I'm right behind you buddy. I filled the 50ct my wife bought me, so now I am working on a 150ct that I just bought.
I guess one temporary solution is to start smoking more.

Borndead, What is a herf? Sorry, I am sure that sounds stupid but I am really new to all of this. I live in Brighton. I am in between 23 and 96.

Frank

Heh.
I'm right behind you buddy. I filled the 50ct my wife bought me, so now I am working on a 150ct that I just bought.
I guess one temporary solution is to start smoking more.

Very temporary... just go get the cooler:tu

If you are going herfing with the MI boys, I would suggest you get a cooler and order beads asap!:r:r:mn:gn

I started with a 40ct, now I built a ammoador and I think I am going to need a cooler pretty quick. Wow what a slope:ss

Wow what a slope:ss

Ha, you think this hobby is a slippery slope... try astronomy!! When you start collecting eyepieces at around $100 - $680 each for your $3000 scope (plus accessories) you reeeally feel the slippery slope :D

Back to the topic - yeah I have a 50 count humi and I know we all say this in the beginning so I'll say it... I think I'll be fine with 50 for a while. I have a reason as to why though. Being I'm still so new to cigars I'm trying many different brands and types. I'm buying all my cigars individually rather than in packs or boxes. I have to admit though, after seeing some of the gorgeous humi's on here I've been looking around the net at the super classy ones and the thought has crossed my mind :). I'm sure when I've figured out my preferences I will want to store a larger stash. At that point though I know for sure I'd want a temperature controlled humi so that would be the end of my small wooden desktop humi. I'm too paranoid of warm temps and beetles to store a large amount so at that point I'd definitely be getting the larger capacity cooled humi.

Rev.

Rev, for the most part I am only purchasing singles too. Good luck keeping the supply down. There is just too much out there. And I dont even have that many yet.

I've only been at it a couple of months myself...brought my 48 qt cooler home yesterday...had already ordered the beads. I did go out to the B&M and picked up a few empty wooden boxes to put in the cooler.

Ready to rock & roll now!

:cb

When I first started smoking, I never imagined how slippery the slope is. I started with a 65 count humi then I added a 125 count. Now I have a cabinet that I've outgrown. I guess the key is to buy the biggest dang humidor you can afford.

Back