What level of commitment to you give to cigars?

At this point I'm more into collecting that smoking them. I get so caught up in buying and storing and aging that sometimes I forget to smoke them.

I usually only smoke on the weekends. Usually one on Saturday and one on Sunday. I'm trying to collect as well. I have two humidors at home, and a locker full with Cubans. I try to avoid going to the locker at all costs. Perhaps if Castro kicks it, they might be worth something. Post-Embargo's or something like that.

Way more than my wife thinks I should, but she's starting to come around, she sat outside with me the other day while I had a padron 1964.

I bought a glass top humi just so I could look at the gars everday without opening them to let out the humidity. I don't know about you, but it's enjoyable just to look at your collection from time to time, not to mention, the devil site has a strong hold on me.........two orders per month at least.....that she knows about!:hn

I usually only smoke on the weekends. Usually one on Saturday and one on Sunday. I'm trying to collect as well. I have two humidors at home, and a locker full with Cubans. I try to avoid going to the locker at all costs. Perhaps if Castro kicks it, they might be worth something. Post-Embargo's or something like that.

a locker full with Cubans...Damn:dr

Out here we smoke on Wednesday and Sunday. Originally my collection consisted of 20 'gars from samplers and then a MORE THAN GENEROUS donation from CS. Since then I have purchased aproximately 30 sticks and recived some through pifs. The SGM up at Pheonix passed down some from CS as well. I haven't spent too much for a hobby( I used to be into RC cars and thats kinda 'spensive ) I don't ever plan on having a coolerdor or anything huge, but a good solid collection to share the wealth and pass the time...

Well im new to the sport as it were...but I have the beginnings of a decent stash and I expect to keep a good 40-50 various sticks on hand + a box of my go to's whenever I decide what they will be!

Thats my plan...but if it goes like most hobbies ill have half a dozen different humis with hundreds of sticks and be part owner of devil site. :ss

I've reached the point where I enjoy maintaining an inventory of good smokes about as much as I do smoking them. And do I have an inventory. Not as much as some of you folks do I would guess but way more than I will ever need.
If I ever have to give-em up will need at least 1-2 years notice.:ss

Well, I spend about an hour a day on CS. I have also been on a daily smoking binge. I used to only smoke on the weekends, but now that the weather is getting better, that has increased dramatically.

I am also in a collection phase. About 3 months ago (pre CS), I had about 50-60 in stock. Now, my 100 ct is just about full and my 48qt cooler has a good 200 in it.

My OCD has turned its eyes to cigars for now. Next year may be something different, but I see the cigar obsession lasting a while.

I've only recently been bit by the bug so I've been spending alot of time taking care of 'the hobby'. :D Learning about the different types of cigars, what kinds I might like to try, proper care, upgrading accessories, etc. It seems endless and I am enjoying every moment!

I'm only 8 months into the obsession and I'm too cheap....um, frugal...to have a bazillion humis like some of you guys. Or as the credit card companiess like to say, I'm "sufficiently obligated." I've got about 19 sticks in my inventory at the moment, in a small humi and smaller tupperdor. I only get to burn 2-3 per week, usually Friday and Saturday nights. Life just keeps getting in my way or it would be a lot more.

Hmmm...let's see...

*1-2 boxes per month + box splits with a certain gorilla = $$$
*2 wine fridges + cedar planking + beads + fans + gonzo electric costs = $$$
*Recent order of Aristocrat Mxt-THC 26.5 in arts'n'crafts style = $$$$$
*Herfin' every Sunday with the guys + beers = $$ & time
*Herfin on my own for relaxation 2-3 nights/week = $$ & time
*Frettin' over fluctuations in my humis as the weather gets warmer = time

Erm, I might be certifiable :hn :D

Back