What to do?!?

What would you do in the following circumstance?

• Put it out and whimper all the way to your forgotten appointment

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • Finish it and show up late knowing full well that you are the reason you are late

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Act like you are sick and blow off the appointment all together

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Tell your wife to go ahead without you

Votes: 25 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brigey

WAR EAGLE!
Okay, here's the situation, you just lit up an expensive and hard to find exclusive smoke and you have worked it down approximately 1/4 inch and your wife says says to you "you know we have to be somewhere and you have only five minutes to finish that thing." What would you do?

Put it out and whimper all the way to your forgotten appointment, finish it and show up late knowing full well that you are the reason you are late, act like you are sick and blow off the appointment all together, or tell your wife to go ahead without you?

Tell me the smoke story and the circumstances for the appointment or missed appointment?

That's a tough call! Depending on the smoke..... you may have to put it out and make it on time. Remember: If mama aint happy, nobody is going to be happy.

That is a good point to make. Most of the time I smoke is at night at the end of the day, my way of giving props to the day I just experienced so usually the only interruptions I see are when the baby wakes up after being put down and I help the wife.

I have wondered if I was to sit down with something like a Padron, Opus or Partagas 160 and for whatever reason had to leave it - the best you could do is snip the end that was burning, put it in a baggie, then put it in a small tupperware so it would stay somewhat fresh and keep it somewhere until you could come back at a later time and enjoy it - not ideal but an option.

In your particular case, I would go with - "Honey, tell them I said hello and I'll have you a nice bath drawn when you get back - Oh and I'll miss you" You should also think about sending her flowers the next day.

That is a good point to make. Most of the time I smoke is at night at the end of the day, my way of giving props to the day I just experienced so usually the only interruptions I see are when the baby wakes up after being put down and I help the wife.

I have wondered if I was to sit down with something like a Padron, Opus or Partagas 160 and for whatever reason had to leave it - the best you could do is snip the end that was burning, put it in a baggie, then put it in a small tupperware so it would stay somewhat fresh and keep it somewhere until you could come back at a later time and enjoy it - not ideal but an option.

In your particular case, I would go with - "Honey, tell them I said hello and I'll have you a nice bath drawn when you get back - Oh and I'll miss you" You should also think about sending her flowers the next day.

I was watching a video somewhere - was it the CA website?
anyway, i guess if you just purge a couple time (if i recall correctly), even without a snip, you should be able to leave it out safely (let it die out) and light it up the next day -- the first few puffs will taste like butt, but afterwards it should return to its normal flavour.

Depends on how important the appt. is? Taker with you !!!
Or if you can't and depending on how critical the appt. is I'd clipper!!
You would have yourself a wounded soldier!!!

It all depends on the appointment. Add that unknown to your story and I think we'll have a better idea on how to respond to your question.

In my case, it's easy.

Wife drives. Daughter sits in Back.

You sit in the bed of the truck enjoying your smoke all the way there.:ss

(done this waaaaaaaaaay too many times - easier if you have a shell on the back of your truck, too!)

Tell me the smoke story and the circumstances for the appointment or missed appointment?

Never had it happen and frankly my friend, the thought of it's causing me a great deal deal of stress just to have considered it's possible :)

Definitely a time to prioritize and take all variables into consideration, aka "justifying the finishing of cigar"

I was watching a video somewhere - was it the CA website?
anyway, i guess if you just purge a couple time (if i recall correctly), even without a snip, you should be able to leave it out safely (let it die out) and light it up the next day -- the first few puffs will taste like butt, but afterwards it should return to its normal flavour.

I have tried that, and it may depend on how much you have smoked. I did it once within the first 1/4 and it was just OK to finish. Another time it was half way and it was horrible to finish.

That being said depends on the appointment. Might just be the excuse I would need to be late or skip it all together :D

Chas

That's a tough call! Depending on the smoke..... you may have to put it out and make it on time. Remember: If mama aint happy, nobody is going to be happy.
Truer words have never been spoken. It would have to be something truly spectacular for me to consider anything other than the first choice. I simply don't start anything before my wife and I have somewhere to be, she is actually allergic to smoke, and is very likely to be in a foul mood if we spend the day together and I smell like Cohibas.

:tpd: Is it really worth the looks you will get all day.:hn

I will with this one! Man I try to make Mama happy! Lords know there is He$$ to pay for a solid week if she is unhappy!

Back