which beads SUCK moisture OUT the fastest?

demiurgic

Don't Worry, Be Happy.
My humi's are all soaking right now. 65% heartfelt beads are pretty much bone dry white! in there but it's still taking days, and the RH is not coming down.

Just wondering if Shilala's beads are able to absorb moisture any faster.

Any thoughts on how to dry the humi out except throwing it on a grill for a humicue? :hn

Are you sure your hygrometer isn't on the fritz? If it's an analog gauge, those are notorious for sticking on one RH and not moving.

My heartfelts have never seemed to take much time to soak up any excess moisture. You might take the beads out and making sure they are dry. Or, depending of the humidity of the ambient air surrounding you, leave the box open and let it air out.

Hope this helps.

My humi's are all soaking right now. 65% heartfelt beads are pretty much bone dry white! in there but it's still taking days, and the RH is not coming down.

Just wondering if Shilala's beads are able to absorb moisture any faster.

Any thoughts on how to dry the humi out except throwing it on a grill for a humicue? :hn

I thought if they were white then that means there is moisture in them? Usually clear is the indicator that it is dry. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

Shilala's beads are great...my cooler has been reading 65% since I got them 2 1/2 months ago!:tu

Do not have to wet his beads either. If humidity drops, put sponge of distilled H2O in and the beads absorb it.

Have not tried heartfelt, so I cannot compare the two.

I thought if they were white then that means there is moisture in them? Usually clear is the indicator that it is dry. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong :tu. It should be on the instructions that come with them, or available on the heartfelt website. Spray them with water and see for yourself.

if you really need to suck out moisture, I am offering a standing offer for free silica gel packs from new shoes to anyone who wants them:D:D

I threw these in a humi to just see how much moisture they pull and it dropped from 70%-25%-15% in one hour!

GDI you poeple type fast. I'm still not deleting what I wrote. :)

I'm pretty sure white is dry.

I found that I had some high humidity and it was that I was overzealous with my humidor and popped some stuff in before it stabalized. All I did to fix it was opened the humidor, fanned a little bit of air out, and closed it for an hour. I removed every humidification element except my beads.

I repeated this step every hourish or whenever I walked by my humidor i'd pop it up and check it's progress. If it was still high, I just repeated the process and it evened itself out.

I had too much humidificaion in my humi: stock green foam thingy, and freebie 70% gel and beads. The only explanation I have is that the other two were soaking things since they dont have the precision of beads. Once I pulled everything out but left my beads in, it settled down to 68%-70%

I have a small coolador with 65% Heartfelt beads. In the Winter, my digital meter shows 65%, so I know it's pretty accurate. However, this past week the ambiant humidity has been about 85% and I'm lucky if the humidor reads 72%. It just can't keep up with the huge outside number.

You're wrong :tu. It should be on the instructions that come with them, or available on the heartfelt website. Spray them with water and see for yourself.

Although Shilala says never to spray water on his beads (the heat generated from rearranging the molecules of the universe could blow up your house...or something like that :tu)

HCM beads are the fastest sumbitches on the planet, bar none. :tu

I will tell you that Dave's beads will get the job done. If they're all white, they should be sucking water almost so fast you can hear it.
Before thinking about using my beads, how many beads are you using and how big is the humi? You may just not have enough beads, or you may have them arranged in a fashion where they can't work to their best ability.
One other thing...
If you've been using them for quite some time and they're all bead chips now, it may be time for some new ones. :tu

I would have suggested that your humi is leaking, but if the beads never turn color, it's not that.

I will tell you that Dave's beads will get the job done. If they're all white, they should be sucking water almost so fast you can hear it.
Before thinking about using my beads, how many beads are you using and how big is the humi? You may just not have enough beads, or you may have them arranged in a fashion where they can't work to their best ability.
One other thing...
If you've been using them for quite some time and they're all bead chips now, it may be time for some new ones. :tu

I would have suggested that your humi is leaking, but if the beads never turn color, it's not that.

So there you have it :tu Shilala's beads suck!

:r Shilala's beads ROCK! My humi is ROCK SOLID, built with Shilala bead power!

Humi is a tiny 20-30 cigar holder. Shuts like a bank vault.
got about 5 ounces of DRY 65% RH beads in there in panty hose. I made 2 pouches to distribute them better.
Hygro is calibrated.

Outside RH is UNREALLY HIGH. Easily 100% if not a bit shy. Been pouring rain here, and I can watch that hyrgo rise each time I leave it open for 20 seconds.

Shilala, HCM's suck out moisture any faster than Dave's?
I know you'll tell me the truth! The God of Beads and other little round things is watching!~

By the way, I cracked up on your you tube vid where you exploded those beads into a sizzling volcanic eruption.

One other thing...

You didn't mention the condition of the beads.
Are the hose available to the open air or covered with cigars?

Humi is a tiny 20-30 cigar holder. Shuts like a bank vault.
got about 5 ounces of DRY 65% RH beads in there in panty hose. I made 2 pouches to distribute them better.
Hygro is calibrated.

Outside RH is UNREALLY HIGH. Easily 100% if not a bit shy. Been pouring rain here, and I can watch that hyrgo rise each time I leave it open for 20 seconds.

Shilala, HCM's suck out moisture any faster than Dave's?
I know you'll tell me the truth! The God of Beads and other little round things is watching!~

By the way, I cracked up on your you tube vid where you exploded those beads into a sizzling volcanic eruption.

the humidor is divided into 2. cigars on one side / cedar divider and beads on another.
Beads are brand new.
beads inside panty hose, small pouches of one and half ounce each..

You didn't mention the condition of the beads.
Are the hose available to the open air or covered with cigars?

If the situation is really dire, you could put a shot glass of DampRid in the humidor. That stuff will absorb as much moisture as you can give it. Most hardware stores carry this stuff.

Back