Wife help

Kneo

The Second One
I need some advice. What are some ways I can get my wife to let me join a cigar of the month club. I am down to one stick and I am thinking this might be my best bet. However she doesn't seem to want me to. Anyone have any advice so I can talk her into it? I plan on smoking my last stick in my box this weekend and will be in desperate need to get it restocked!

Thank you,

Kneo

Why doesn't she want to to join? Or possibly a better question, why bother joining? Can't you select the cigars you want to smoke on your own.

I was gifted a 3 month membership to a cigar of the month club, and I didn't get one cigar I really would've purchased on my own. I'm pretty sure at the time it was Thompson, but I love going into a B&M.

Don't ask.

does she do anything like hair done? nails? those can be pricey.. she gets her vice you get yours :)

:tpd::bn

Those are what I do... and I am not married, but I have been with her for over 3 years and we probably will one day walk that path... but she must never know what I spend on my cigars nor how many I really have lol...

If she asks I say, well I need extra because they need to age to taste better lol... which isn't lying but I could just as easily smoke freshies and of course I do have about a 3-5 year supply... :D

So I say just don't ask... she will get over it... if she won't even let you have a few cigars... then time to find a new one... :bn

I'd say forget the club and just watch the daily deals on joecigar, cigarmonster, etc. It will probably be cheaper, and you can actually pick what you get.

Why doesn't she want to to join? Or possibly a better question, why bother joining? Can't you select the cigars you want to smoke on your own.

I was gifted a 3 month membership to a cigar of the month club, and I didn't get one cigar I really would've purchased on my own. I'm pretty sure at the time it was Thompson, but I love going into a B&M.

Not sure why she doesn't want me to join, I am sure some of it is that cost.

Since I am just starting out I thought it would be the best way to fill up my collection. I guess I should ask everyone's opinion on joining a club. A good thing or bad?

does she do anything like hair done? nails? those can be pricey.. she gets her vice you get yours :)

She some vices, but of course I have others I spend money on so she uses that.

Don't ask
Laugh I tried that once a few years ago, I still get it brought up:)

I haven't found a cigar of the month club that I would actually join. Living near Des Moines myself I would say head to David's Briar, Pars and Cigars, Cigar Source or even the smaller tobacco outlets that have a pretty decent stock of cigars. There is one on Euclid Ave on the east side of 235...right next to Papa Johns pizza. Pretty good selection at a fair price. They also sampler bags with three cigars for a better price than you would pay for the cigars as singles. Another tobacco outlet that is pretty good is the one in Ankeny...right across the street from Hy-Vee.

As far as wife help goes well you are pretty much on your own since with my wife I just told her this is something that I enjoy and she will just have to deal with it. My wife is VERY traditional however as she grew up on a farm here in Iowa. Overall I pretty much hit the jackpot with my wife...:tu

i have been smoking for about 8 yrs and recently started smoking a lot more. So my supply dropped. My plan to fill and keep it full was to find the perfect $3 smoke so i had some fall back sticks that were cheap as i build the collection that makes me drool.
My stick is the benchmade by Ashton and the curly head by AF. Great smokes for $50 a box!!!! My suggestion is go this way i think you will end up with more smokes that you will enjoy....as for the wife....no advice there:ss

I have only been to David's. Where is Par and Cigars located? I would like to check it out.

First, I would advise against a "Cigar Of The Month" type club or membership. You might get a few good smokes but you always get some you don't like as well. If the $$$ is the issue, just shop the sales and buy what you like.

Secondly, if you make your own money (ie: you have a job and bring home wages earned), then you shouldn't have to beg the Wife to let you buy cigars. She just needs to accept that it's something you want to do and the matter should be closed.

:tu

Disappear into the woods.

OK, seriously. Cigar of the month clubs can actually waste money buying crap. :2
Like others may say, watch for deals on stuff you know you like. Auctions... Whatever. You can get a box a month of REALLY decent stuff for less than $100 and decent stuff for less than $50.

If none of that works, switch to Swishers.:D

I have only been to David's. Where is Par and Cigars located? I would like to check it out.

Pars and Cigars is basically at the corner of 86th and 235. It is in the same shopping area that has that new restaurant Firkin & Fox as well as Chuck E Cheese. Pars and Cigars is a kind of pricey but they have a free smoking lounge for customers which is very cool. I told the wife once we would take the kids to Chuck E's which technically was true but after eating of course I had to walk over to Pars and Cigars...worked once at least...:r

Price wise the best deal on smokes would be either here in the WTS forums, Joe Cigar Deal of the Day, Taboo Cigars (hard to beat low prices AND 25% off as a CS member :tu)

Back