Xikar 3 finger travel case?

andrewk

ChestBeater
Does anyone have one of these? I am very close to pulling the trigger. I like the idea of the cedar inside.

Do oyu guys think this would stand up to a little bit of travel (heading to boston in a week or two, would probably stuff this in my carry on.)

Would I be better off getting a 5 stick otter box?

yes, I love both of them, and both were stolen. If you get one get a tracking device on it. I plan on getting the five finger one when it comes out. :tu

Does anyone have one of these? I am very close to pulling the trigger. I like the idea of the cedar inside.

Do oyu guys think this would stand up to a little bit of travel (heading to boston in a week or two, would probably stuff this in my carry on.)

Would I be better off getting a 5 stick otter box?

I've had one for a while now and love it. Holds the cigars just fine. If you care going to put it in your carry-on you should be fine. I keep mine in my bag full of files and various other things and haven't had any problems.

Keep in mind, however, that it doesn't close terribly tight and its less secure with longer cigars.

If I was going to do any traveling with cigars, I'd probably get the otterbox. But I really do like my Xikar case.

Get both.

Five finger and cedar

340k.jpg

http://xikar.com/product_case.asp#

Steep price, but lifetime warranty.

Get both.

:r I should have expected this response from these boards. YOu guys really like pushing people headfirst down the slope:hn:D

The thing with the otterbox is that I imagine its going to be too large for a pocket and I want to take the stogies out with me....

Kinda leaning towards the Xikar unless someone gives me a good reason not to buy it...

(PS: anyone know a good online store to get one w/coupons? Im a cheap bastage)

Nice, we have that cow one at the shop, in black and white as well. You will not be disappointed with an Atoll. Talk about class.

I went with the Cigar Caddy 3400 from CH when I bought mine. Used it once, and love it. water tight and indestructible. Only $20

Besides, if you're getting a 5 finger case, I can't see how that would be a comfortable pocket size anyways.

34005.gif

I went with the Cigar Caddy 3400 from CH when I bought mine. Used it once, and love it. water tight and indestructible. Only $20

Besides, if you're getting a 5 finger case, I can't see how that would be a comfortable pocket size anyways.

34005.gif

I got the 3 finger xikar - you are right the 5 woulda been way too big.

$28 on cbid!

As Darrel pointed out, get a finger case, they may hold only up to about a 56 RG, but they hold even one cigar tight. Xikar lets cigars "splash" around. Plus, well made finger cases are more air tight.

Back