Xikar service

Blowin' Smoke

ChestBeater
Just sent my cutter in for service. Website says roughly 2 weeks. Anyone have an experience to share about Xikar service, and the turnaround times?

I litteraly put a broken cutter in an envelope with a business card with my address. In 3 days I got an envelope with nothing but a brand new cutter in it. Great service! I can't beleive I got it so fast!

Still prefer the Palio, but Xikar makes an excellent product and perfect service.

mtb996,

We stand by everything we make here - and I expect your wait to be much less than two weeks.

If we can't get your cutter back to perfect working condition we'll replace it....that's why our motto is "XIKAR FOR LIFE".

Thanks,
Andy

Sent in a Rosewood cutter that the one piece of Rosewood was coming off. Within a week I had a brand new cutter in my hand.

Great service for me as well!!

Al

I bought a Xikar when they first came out. After a few months, the screw that holds the trigger mechanism together fell out. I emailed them, and within 2 days, I had several replacement screws and the special tool to tighten them. Excellent service! I'm about to send it in for a sharpening. I have heard that they do this... true?

The one I got was very frustrating and always cut lopsided. I accidentally dropped it on my back patio and it blew up into 4 pieces. :(

I need to send it in.

My store has nothing but great things to say about Xicar cutters and lighters. They're service is excellent. If a cutter or lighter breaks, we were told by Xicar to issue an over the counter replacement ON THE SPOT. Need I say more?

Xikar lighters are awesome as well. I have an Enigma and an Element. Both are outstanding lighters and i sleep better at night knowing that they are covered for life.:tu

DL

I thought you were suppose to be able to take the Xikar to any authorized dealer and have it replaced right away.

At least my B&M does this...if they have your item in stock, they will replace it on the spot, no matter where you buy it from.

I thought you were suppose to be able to take the Xikar to any authorized dealer and have it replaced right away.

At least my B&M does this...if they have your item in stock, they will replace it on the spot, no matter where you buy it from.

I thought so too, but when I tried to return/exchange mine at the local JRs they were quite rude and said to send it back.....

Xikar lighters are awesome as well. I have an Enigma and an Element. Both are outstanding lighters and i sleep better at night knowing that they are covered for life.:tu

DL

I didn't realize they had the same lifetime warranty for the lighters. Is it the same - repaired or replaced for free - no hassles?

I had 2 prometheus lighters that both crapped out and I had to pay to send them back and 1 for non-warranty repair (after warranty expired). It cost me like $30+. When I got them back they each worked for about 3 months before they died again. I will never buy another prometheus and am looking for a new good lighter.

thanks,

I sent two lighters off to them on April 21-they were returned today refurbished and working. One works flawlessly (Plunge) and the other (Element) only so-so. Was kind of frustrated that both my lighters were down at the same time. Both appear to have new cases, but the silver parts are the same-I think I see a couple of dings I put on those areas...I really can't complain. Jeez don't get me started on Colibri though....

Last edited:
Palio's are great cutters, but I just love the aspect of one cutter for the rest of my life with Xikar. It's hard to find that kind of service in a company anymore.

Back