A cigar ring gauge device??

str8edg

Polar Gorilla
OK so a recent thread made me think of something. I searched around a little but could not find one... does anyone know if there is some sort of thing made of metal something that has holes in it to messure the ring gauge of a cigar... I am sure there are some ot there.

Does anyone have a link. I know I will find one given time but I figured I would ask as someone may know right away!

Thanks in advance guys (and girls)

OK so a recent thread made me think of something. I searched around a little but could not find one... does anyone know if there is some sort of thing made of metal something that has holes in it to messure the ring gauge of a cigar... I am sure there are some ot there.

Does anyone have a link. I know I will find one given time but I figured I would ask as someone may know right away!

Thanks in advance guys (and girls)

No metal thing, but there are cigar journals that have printed circles with different RGs on the pages.:tu

The Cigars Int'l catalog always includes a sheet with ring gauge circles, usually on the order form page. If you'd like one, PM me your address & I'll send one to you.

Last edited:
I think I have seen one like that... thats not to say I will not be PMing you smokin5!!

I have seen ones that I print out and I am pretty sure that I have seen cardboard ones but I want a nice one... brass would be great. Am I alone on this?

I am still looking.

Go to a office supply store and get one of these.

draftingsteals-store_1980_4057975.jpg

http://www.draftingsteals.com/20724.html

I have one that is a leaf you hang on the wall and it has brass guides for the ring gauges. I will try to take a pic tomorrow and see if it has any company info on the box. Not sure how much it cost as it was a gift. I had seen them on cigarbid before.

JaKaAch that would work I just read what ring gauges are...

Ring gauge is a measure of the diameter of the cigar in 64ths of an inch.

For example 48rg = 48/64" = 3/4".

So yes that would work fine... but... I like shiny things. I know even though I could get one like for not much money, I would sooner spend more money and get one that said cigar gauge thing or something... I know ridiculous right, I really can not help it. I am weird that way!

Funny you should mention it. I was at the local B & M today taking a visual inventory and I noticed 2 such devices hanging in the humidor. I think they where made of a hard but flexible plastic, dark in color and marked with the various RG along with a linear measuring scale. If you like I can go back tomorrow or when I get a chance and purchase said device(s), take a photo and post it here. I will also ask if they can order more. Does that sound like a plan?

—Richard

Around here one of the mottos is.... "ask and you shall receive":D

JaKaAch that would work I just read what ring gauges are...

So yes that would work fine... but... I like shiny things. I know even though I could get one like for not much money, I would sooner spend more money and get one that said cigar gauge thing or something... I know ridiculous right, I really can not help it. I am weird that way!

I like to spend my money on cigars...:r

I have one that is a leaf you hang on the wall and it has brass guides for the ring gauges. I will try to take a pic tomorrow and see if it has any company info on the box. Not sure how much it cost as it was a gift. I had seen them on cigarbid before.

I have one of those....:ss By the way they are no longer made.

Last edited:

They have something similar to that at my local B+M if it is what you are describing and I am remembering correctly. Its pretty nice and heavy, looks nice too.

Back