Best Tequilas Under $30

Joey Link

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
We've had good success with the Rum and Bourbon threads, now I need to get some tequila advice. I owe a buddy a bottle and I'd like to get him something he's probably never tried before. He usually drinks Patron Silver, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some obscure tequila that could hold it's own against it for a lot less.

if you are will to splurge and pay another $7, I would say El Tesoro silver would be the way to go.

I had a get together the other night with several long time Patron drinkers. We did a side-by-side comparison with shots and margaritas using ET, Patron, and Don Julio.

They were all converted to ET by the end of the night.

Great tequilas don't exist for under 30 bucks, IMO. Unless you live close to the border, you have to spend upwards of $50 for greatness. A decent tequila you may find for around the $30 range is Cazadores reposado. Give that a try.

Great tequilas don't exist for under 30 bucks, IMO. Unless you live close to the border, you have to spend upwards of $50 for greatness. A decent tequila you may find for around the $30 range is Cazadores reposado. Give that a try.

Completely agree.

If you want to include Mezcal then I would say that. I had a bottle of Monte Alban that was around 20 years old and the smokey flavor was amazing. But for a cheap inexpensive Tequila I ususally go with Milagro Silver.

Wow, I'm surprised more people haven't commented. I see quite a few bottles of tequila under $30, do they all suck?

Sauza Commemorativo around that range or a bit higher.

That's the thing about Tequilas, though - when they're good, they're expensive...and generally, when they're inexpensive they'll eat a hole in your gut.

I had to quit Tequila altogether for quite a number of years after some heavily-contested bouts with Señor Cuervo.

Cheap booze just isn't worth it.

I know they aren't under $30 but I think Cabo Wabo and Patron Silver and Anejo are worth the extra $$.

Like LP mentioned, the $50 range for bottles of tequia vastly improves the quality. You can spend $100 a bottle on some of the tequila mentioned here, and that may be good for a treat, but I use a bottle of Herradura for my "good" tequila. Same as Cabo Wabo, about $50.

You can probably get them for $30 if you find a close out sale, but this is America. Liquor stores don't go out of business. :)

Picked up a Fina Estampa Reposado for around $30 at Specks in Austin this weekend; great stuff and highly recommended!

Back